Nathan Conley

Sep 7, 2016
Visit site
Will we ever get a security patch or the update to Oreo?

I'm stuck on the Dec 2016 security patch in Sept 17.

Other than rooting the device, are there any solutions? Sideloads of security patches?

Thanks for any ideas. I'm on AT&T Go. Us

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
My US996 didn't get any updates yet. Don't really care about security patches, just want app updates and OS fixes. I think every flagship gets 1 major Android update, but takes a very long time so that their new flagship is always newer.

texn884

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Im still on Dec. 2016 and it sucks and the factory unlocked US996 is US cellular and I stopped in one of their stores last week and they cant do anything about updating it because they got rid of all their equipment to get it to update

We are stuck like chuck

huungryshark

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
The V20 is outdated ( Software ) LG doesn't care anymore.

They have V30 , G6 and G6 + now.

The V20 gets thrown after you at eBay now ,for little bit money - there is a reason:

Can put your V20 in toilet now if you care about security and up2date Operating System - LG is not not for you.

Hardware and features are excellent for a 250 something, unlocked ,new V20 phone

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Im still on Dec. 2016 and it sucks and the factory unlocked US996 is US cellular and I stopped in one of their stores last week and they cant do anything about updating it because they got rid of all their equipment to get it to update

We are stuck like chuck

I have a factory unlocked US996. No updates too. What were you looking forward to in the updates? Security or software bug fixes? I've never had any updates that were really useful anyway. I can't complain, I still have a removable battery, headphone jack, a wide angle second camera, IR blaster, no carrier branding, etc. and phone functions flawlessly, battery life actually has improved overtime for some reason.

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I am getting att variant and I heard it has October security updates.

I have an AT&T version V20 and it did update to the October security patch last week sometime. I'm surprised that the unlocked US version isn't getting at least security updates.

texn884

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I still have it so anyone wanting to make a offer its like new no dings or dents I have the extra battery charger and battery and cases

krazyatom

Trusted Member
Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
I still have it so anyone wanting to make a offer its like new no dings or dents I have the extra battery charger and battery and cases
What version do you have and how much is it? I recently ordered a brand new at&t version for $300 :( I would like to buy one used if it's like $200.

krazyatom

Trusted Member
Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
Yup $299 is not a great price at all. Ebay sellers are selling them cheaper but I wanted to get it from reputable seller like B&H photo.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Yup $299 is not a great price at all. Ebay sellers are selling them cheaper but I wanted to get it from reputable seller like B&H photo.

True, eBay is selling brand new for cheaper. Just make sure the person you get it from has good feedback. eBay is actually a very safe place to buy stuff, if there's a problem you can report it to them and get a refund guaranteed. I got mine from B&H, very reputable place as well. I would be cautious of Swappa, had a few bad experiences, eBay has better buyer/seller protection, I'd just only sell on Swappa.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salpha