usb problem.

TGreg104

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
My computer wont recognize my phone. I have the samsung drivers installed and I installed the sd card fix .zip through cwm. It was working earlier today and after work it wasnt. Tried reinstalling the samsung drivers and the sd card fix twice and restarted both my comp and phone. no go. Any ideas?

TGreg104

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
I got my sdcard menu to come up for a second and I tried to copy a file to it and its write protected. Idk if that helps

TGreg104

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
When I plug my phone in I get this:

SAMSUNG Android USB Composite Device Ready to use
SAMSUNG Android USB Modem #2 Ready to use
SAMSUNG Android USB Diagnostic Serial Failed
Port (WMC) (COM7)
SAMSUNG Android USB Diagnostic Serial Failed
Port (DM) (COM)

TGreg104

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Nvm I already have that sd card fix on my sd card and installed it like five times :/ I hope I can resolve this without having to factory reset etc.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
To answer the first question in case it comes up for someone else, take it out of the phone and use a card reader to put the file on

next up try this, pull the battery plug it into the USB and try to get to download mode. See if odin recognizes it

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Nvm I already have that sd card fix on my sd card and installed it like five times :/ I hope I can resolve this without having to factory reset etc.

First, just to cover every possibility, make sure usb debugging is enabled under menu=>settings=>applications=>development. If so, connect phone to your computer with usb debugging enabled then restart your phone. See if that helps, it almost always worked on the Fascinate.

vi3tboiii54

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
okay guys im having a similar problem too, ODIN isnt recognizing my device even though its in download mode. I installed/reinstalled all the drivers and still nothing *sigh*

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
no luck either i think i soft bricked it

Just want to eliminate one more thing, did you get the drivers directly from the Samsung web site or did you download them from a thread? I always use only the drivers directly from the Samsung web site and have never had a problem. Also after you download the drivers make sure you connect the phone to your computer and complete the driver installation with the phone on before trying to connect in download mode. I always make sure I can connect to my pc and access my sd card before going into download mode and use ODIN.

TGreg104

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Im wondering if its something wrong with gc2.0gb or maybe just the file i downloaded. I flashed back to ed1 and ota to ee4 and my usb worked again. then i went back to gc2.0gb and it worked for 30 mins and now it doesnt read again. oh well.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WyattEarp