USB Tethering Fold 3 → Tab S8 Ultra

Walt Gallus

Sep 3, 2024
Visit site
Hi
I have activated USB Tethering on myFold 3 and activated Internet. I connect Fold 3 with Tab S8 Ultra via data cable. Tab has no SIM. Whe I try to reach Internet with Tab it says WiFi is not activated. Where is myx mistake?
Thanks
Walt Gallus

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
If trying to share your mobile connection from your phone, does your carrier plan allow that? (Some carriers limit tethering and can only allow wireless hotspot) Any reason why you'd be looking at tethering via cable and not just using the phone as a WiFi hotspot?

Walt Gallus

Sep 3, 2024
Visit site
If trying to share your mobile connection from your phone, does your carrier plan allow that? (Some carriers limit tethering and can only allow wireless hotspot) Any reason why you'd be looking at tethering via cable and not just using the phone as a WiFi hotspot?
Hi SpookDroid
Thanks for your helpful answer. I'll check with my provider wethet they allow/support USB tethering.
Why tethering via cable: I just thought it might be faster and more secure than WiFi (which w orks well here). May be my assumption is just wrong or not important.

Walt Gallus

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
At the speeds the phone hotspot can handle, wired VS wireless isn't much different these days. Security-wise, however, a wired connection is obviously better.

Reactions: Walt Gallus

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lowercase777