Using Beam between a Galaxy Nexus and Nexus 7, and Bluetooth question

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I bought my 9 year old son a Nexus 7 for Christmas. I set it up with his own account, although this will cost me more money in the long run with music, apps, etc... instead of using my account. I wanted him to have his own stuff on there and not have to worry about him using my Google Music where some songs I don't want him to listen to.

So I was setting it up, getting updates and adding free games etcf he may like. I wanted to add some pictures from my phone to his tablet. So I made sure NFC was turned on both the phone and tablet. At first I was having a problem getting it to work at all, so I took of my phone case (never had a problem using NFC with it on before) just to give it a shot. Finally got it to work but every time it is hard to find the sweet spot between the two and was taking me way to long then what it should have.

One thing I did notice while doing this is that at the top of both the Bluetooth icon would come up on both the phone and tablet. Now I didn't try it at the time but now am wondering can I connect the two with Bluetooth and transfer pics etc.. that way? Has anybody tried this and can it be done? Thanks in advance.

YoSaintLaurent

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
You should be able to transfer the pictures via Bluetooth if you connect the tablet and phone. Android Beam basically links the two devices via Bluetooth though. It is suppose to make the linking part painless. The Nexus 7 NFC antenna is around the nexus logo on the back if that helps.

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
The spot that was working with NFC was the top right on back of the 7. I only Beamed about 10 pictures and I boxed it back up for him. Another weird thing was it made like three different folders in the gallery instead of them all being in one folder? I will play with it more when Christmas gets here.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigD