V20/Nexus

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Catch is though apparently a 1080p display. I notice the difference now, contrary to assertions by people that you can't. I prefer 1080p though as a battery save option, but not for web or images.

We are not certain that leak is correct

Posted via the Android Central App

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
The rear ones are so much quicker due to their shape. The Nexus 6P is noticeably faster than the S7 Edge fingerprint scanner.

That is, unless your phone is face up on a table - in which case this opposite is true. It takes noticeably longer to have to pick the phone up to reach the rear FPS.

Both FPS's are really fast anyway. Such first-world problems we have, right? :)

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
That is, unless your phone is face up on a table - in which case this opposite is true. It takes noticeably longer to have to pick the phone up to reach the rear FPS.

Both FPS's are really fast anyway. Such first-world problems we have, right? :)

That would also be true if the phone was face down and the FPS is on the front.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I've had droids for my last bunch of phones. Phones keep getting larger and the droids tend to have larger bezels due to the shatterproof screen. One of the big things drawing me to the note is that there is zero side bezels so I can get a larger screen with a smaller form factor. If the V20 is similar to the V10 it seems like it will be pretty large. LG is good at small bezels, but it's not NO bezel like on the N7. I'm just hoping the battery life will be relatively comparable to my Turbo2. The big batteries are the things that have kept me with the Droids.

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
The V20 will have a flat screen, run Nougat, and will probably have a removable battery. Three things I wanted in the Note 7. Decisions...

These are important to me, but I don't think the V20 is going to have an Amoled screen, which is also important to me as I am outside a lot. I am also going to wait to see what the V20 will offer.

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
The rear ones are so much quicker due to their shape. The Nexus 6P is noticeably faster than the S7 Edge fingerprint scanner.

Yeah but the OnePlus 3 is as fast as the Nexus 6p. Maybe faster.

jerrycau123

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
I don't like LG phones! I tried the v10 and returned it 24 hours later! The settings on that phone seemed so disorganized and the screen would go dark for no reason!.major download issues!. I will go with the best phone the market in the Note 7!

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
That's not what I'm waiting for, but something has me waiting. I'm definitely getting the Marlin. I don't know if I'm going to also get the Note 7 or just keep my 6P as my backup.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
The Note 7 has hardware scaling down to 720p if needed and works on all apps. That is huge for gaming, since 1440p on a small display IMO is a waste of battery and heat.

Note 7 appears to now have best of both device worlds.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I've already got my Spigen Neo Hybrid for the Note7, so I'm not waiting for the V20/Nexus as my new daily driver.

HOWEVER, I AM interested to see what those will bring to the table, so even though my new daily driver will be the Galaxy Note7, I'm still interested to see what those will offer.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
So the exact same specs as the note 7, ignoring the lack of battery information. The build will probably be the differentiator.

I'm imagining its going to be a decent amount larger with the side bezels. The V10 is already pretty big.

sakar12

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site
Curious how many of you are waiting for the V20 or Nexus to release before pulling the trigger on the Note 7.

Very nice time of year for new phones!

Me. V10 is my all-time favorite phone, over s6, note 5, G4 and G5, etc. (Didn't get the s7.)

Carrtman

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
I think I skip this generation all together and wait for what should be a beast of a phone next year, the Note 8. The Note 7 is just a bigger, better S 7 edge and if the V20 only has a full hd, qhd display it is not future proof.

By the time the V20 is out the sd 821 will be ready too so why not use that ?

Nexus is a no go thanks to Google and their anti micro sd, removable battery behavior ..Also no IR blaster, MHL support

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Curious how many of you are waiting for the V20 or Nexus to release before pulling the trigger on the Note 7.

Very nice time of year for new phones!

I was thinking about waiting, but at 75 the waiting game is not a good option! :D

If that rare chance the V20 actually tops the Note 7, I will be on it in a New York second!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justinedwards