Verizon Curved Tempered Glass Screen Protector

dobo84

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know what the Verizon return policy is on this screen protector. I ordered it online before I saw all these bad reviews and was still thinking about trying it as I just got it in the mail, but if it doesn't work out for my phone I don't exactly want to flush 30$ down the drain either. Can it be returned within the 14 days even if used?
Yes I have done it no issues at a corporate store

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, don't buy it. It only adheres to the top and bottom of the phone, leaving the rest of it unadhered to the phone. Dirt and dust get up under the protector and it's irritating. Not only that, it only comes in black so it looks ridiculous on my silver Note 7.

nocaldawg

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Well I've had the verizon tempered glass since Thursday and like I said before with my caseology skyfall case I had severe screen sensitivity issues with the screen. I just went to best buy and tried the otterbox commuter speck candyshell clear and the tech 21 evo frame and all 3 cases work amazingly with the screen protector. I know other people said they r having trouble with screen sensitivity with or without a case but I couldn't be happier right now. Phone definitely feels protected now.

I do have minimal sensitivity issues from time to time on the screen. Tried several cases and found that the following worked great with the protector.

Evo Tech Frame
Otterbox Commuter
Incipio Esquire
Otterbox Symmetry

I kept the Symmetry because I thought it was best overall. It fits perfectly in my Note 5 Platinum case. The only case that didn't work as well was the more rugged Tech 21 case. Will probably hold onto this protector, but will keep my eyes open for improved curved glass protectors. He peeling at all with this one. 3.5 stars, but what is better? I did order the extreme guard glass but it is flat. No edge protection....and I like and use the edges.

nocaldawg

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, don't buy it. It only adheres to the top and bottom of the phone, leaving the rest of it unadhered to the phone. Dirt and dust get up under the protector and it's irritating. Not only that, it only comes in black so it looks ridiculous on my silver Note 7.

If I had silver this would be a no go. Would look ridiculous

jhnnyblze2000

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I do have minimal sensitivity issues from time to time on the screen. Tried several cases and found that the following worked great with the protector.

Evo Tech Frame
Otterbox Commuter
Incipio Esquire
Otterbox Symmetry

I kept the Symmetry because I thought it was best overall. It fits perfectly in my Note 5 Platinum case. The only case that didn't work as well was the more rugged Tech 21 case. Will probably hold onto this protector, but will keep my eyes open for improved curved glass protectors. He peeling at all with this one. 3.5 stars, but what is better? I did order the extreme guard glass but it is flat. No edge protection....and I like and use the edges.
The symmetry didnt lift the screen at all? That surprises me cause on the s7 edge the symmetry destroyed any screen protector I put on it.

nocaldawg

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
The symmetry didnt lift the screen at all? That surprises me cause on the s7 edge the symmetry destroyed any screen protector I put on it.
No, it comes right to the edge. Works perfectly.

Like the feel of the Symmetry better than the Commuter. The others felt cheap by comparison

X1tymez

Q&A Team
Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
What about the edge? I usually love zagg
No adhesive on the edge. It's feel light glue. The Verizon rep said I might got bad patch, but he decided to test on couple in stock. All the same.

Even on S7 edge, Zagg temper glass doesn't have adhesive in middle.

I've tested all full cover temper glass. They're all the same. If you want there's several flat glass, but doesn't protect the edge.

If you don't mind plastic then order Spigen brand. They're true case friendly without peel on corner.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
No adhesive on the edge. It's feel light glue. The Verizon rep said I might got bad patch, but he decided to test on couple in stock. All the same.

Even on S7 edge, Zagg temper glass doesn't have adhesive in middle.

I've tested all full cover temper glass. They're all the same. If you want there's several flat glass, but doesn't protect the edge.

If you don't mind plastic then order Spigen brand. They're true case friendly without peel on corner.
When you say Spigen plastic is it regular flexible screen protector or some sort of hard material like plexiglass?

cass84

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
I returned mine today. It was the Verizon one. I wouldn't recommend it

• Sensitivity issues
  • if you tap the middle you can tell its not flesh with the screen
  • cloudy
  • hard to clean
  • only sticks to edges
  • cracked while removing

...but no issues working the a case

X1tymez

Q&A Team
Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
Do they have it at Best Buy?
No. Just on Amazon. Here's the link. I brought 2 packs(4 screens), just in case I mess up.

Also, not S-PEN friendly. Just like any others plastic screen they'll leave pen marks when screen is off.

Hope this help. I swore, spend more time chasing after case and screen protector can't enjoy this phone. Lol

Galaxy note 7 Screen Protector, Spigen® [Flex film] [2 Pack] Screen Protector [Case Friendly] Film for Samsung Galaxy note 7 [Lifetime Warranty] - 2 Pack https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HU6R7B...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5372638

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Verizon Screen Protector I have is working well. I wish it was clear but it's not ugly. Important for me to have phone protected

Posted via the Android Central App

jfenton

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
In the past two days with no drops, the two Verizon Curved Tempered glass screen protectors in our house (wife's note 7 and mine) have both cracked for seemingly no reason. Both had cracks originating along the right side.

AzteCypher

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
I just went through my 2nd Verizon tempered glass protector and I too have gotten cracks on both. The first one had an "impact" and crack on the top right. I had it in my back pocket so I thought I bumped something. The 2nd one just got a crack on the lower right though I don't remember bumping into anything. I'm wondering if the glass is just thinner at those points.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174