Verizon falling behind in phone selection?

PortareAF

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Vzw only needs to get there hands on an lte evo 3d...then game over. It seems every time they have a chance to knock all the competition they fall short...original iphone, original evo, goolg experience phones. Although guess they got the OG Droid right...

Smitty_82

Android Addict
Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I tend to remember a new phone every other week (or something like that) 3rd and 4th quarters last year. I think VZW will be fine. There is still a lot of year left.

Guamguy

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Verizon only seems to only care about iphone and huge 4.3" phones. I have not seen any new 4" or smaller phones like Atrix "4G" or LG G2x. That is what I am waiting for, if they don't show me something soon. I might be going over to T-mobile. :(

Your answer is Droid Incredible 2.

Baconator

AC Adviser
Nov 21, 2010
Visit site

0pusX

May 27, 2010
Visit site
In my opinion, as much as I love the original EVO, I think the EVO 3D is an absolute waste.

If the EVO 3D was coming to VZW and that was their big release for the year I would be so depressed.

3D on TV, fine......... on a phone??? really?? a waste IMO

original00

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Waste?

You do know the 3d features can be turned off right? How exactly is it a waste? How would you have designed the next evo?

lafester

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
why are you so 'focused' on the 3d feature?
it's not like you can't turn it off and never use it.

the rest of the phone seems to be pretty nice and to be honest i think it will be fun to play around with 3d video. if you have a 3d tv wouldn't you want a way to take 3d images and video to watch on it?

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Guys keep in mind that Verizon is revamping their Droid line of devices. Some of those are better than others so it is def a mixed bag.

Also there are rumors of the Droid 3 being a beast of a device. These are only rumors but the leaked pics make it seems likely.

- 4" screen
- 1 GHz dual core processor
- 5 row physical qwerty keyboard

and the kicker......

- STOCK ANDROID!!!!

Like I said, these are only rumors and I can only hope that all of these are true but we will have to wait and see.

0pusX

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Why am I focused on the 3D feature of the EVO 3D???? Hmmmmmmm I dunno maybe because that's the selling point....hence the name.

I would much rather have a 8+mp camera as opposed to 2 - 5mp cams for 3D.

The new sense ui seems to be nice though.

I just don't see the big fuss of having 3D on a phone....

choke818

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
Op...

Can't believe your saying Verizon is declining in phones.... all the new updates have been for VZ... the bionic isn't even out yet. Lol

Sprint has had zero till now. Stop the tears... research....
And you Will know this to be true.

I was actually complaining that verizon was getting all the phones on sprint wasn't coming out with anything ...

no matter how many phones you come out with you can't please everybody ...

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Op...

Can't believe your saying Verizon is declining in phones.... all the new updates have been for VZ... the bionic isn't even out yet. Lol

Sprint has had zero till now. Stop the tears... research....
And you Will know this to be true.

I was actually complaining that verizon was getting all the phones on sprint wasn't coming out with anything ...

no matter how many phones you come out with you can't please everybody ...

I used to say Verizon had junk for phones....back in 2000!

They have too many phones.
If anyone should be complaining it's tmobile and sprint so I agree with you 100%

ZaWe

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Perhaps I should have specified better in my opening. Verizon is falling behind in phone technology (not talking about LTE). With the LG Revolution, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC Droid Incredible 2, Moto Bionic, Moto Droid X2, and Droid Charge, only two of six are dual core. Those two are Motorola, a brand i'm not all that crazy about to begin with. Yes, Verizon is coming out with a lot of phones, but to those like me who want a future proof phone, there aren't many options available...it's frustrating.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
A 3D phone seems dumb. Who knows though, maybe it will be a hit? I think VZW has a nice line up, and the I phone doesn't hurt their already top shelf selection. The LTE network should eat nearly 200 major markets this year? Idk how they are behind? The Atrix is the hottest device out though I think.

Realist

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I just don't see the big fuss of having 3D on a phone....

agreed

i'd rather have them leave the 3D technology out of it and work more on video stabilization, picture quality and not pay for 3D gimmick... cause that's where they will raise the price... what do you think... $50-100 more because it has 3D in the title?

choke818

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
3d is gonna be fresh. I welcome new technology.
have you seen the 3 d show that LG did for the optumis 3d
... the 3 d gaming ...

besides that the dual core snapdragon is gonna be a beast ..
if you are with verizon of course you're going to say that 3 d is a waste ..
cuz you're not getting that evo3d

I will :):):):)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dfgfg