Verizon Galaxy Nexus Gets 4.0.2 ICS

Eric Kane

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
According to someone with a test build of the Verizon Nexus, an update was released within the last day to Android 4.0.2, bringing some fixes that could hopefully bring forth the launch of this phone. I wouldn't believe it, but the pictures are up on Droid Life for proof. Here's to hoping we get that preorder tomorrow morning and finally get this phone.

Oh and he took pics of the battery life, as well. Looks decent.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, P3Droid tweeted he had gotten it a week or so ago. Says it runs beautifully. MAYBE this version will make the MyVerizon.APK work well.

Just release the phone, Verizon! Release it!

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Will have to compare to prior shots and videos ... I thought I remember seeing v.4.0.2 in those screenshots. But I admit my memory is quite bad.

Eric Kane

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
If this came out over a week ago according to P3Droid, that only makes it even more possible for a release soon. Since its Droid Life reporting it, I wouldn't be surprised.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I think this could be the final build that will be on the verizon ones and maybe makes a preorder tomorrow more plausible.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Verizon Samsung GALAXY Nexus pictured with Android 4.0.2 update

Not to kick start more speculation or antagonize the Verizon never said it, so it's untrue arguments in here. While in another forum, this was claimed to be the update that wrapped up the rumored .apk "authentication" issues w/ My Verizon app. It's not exactly a definitive indication but it does seem to indicate the rumor may have had legs to stand on after all.

Eric Kane

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
According to P3Droid, the update increased his radio signal and hes reporting much improved signal as a result. This is a really good sign that they may be done testing soon.

Holsum

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
According to P3Droid, the update increased his radio signal and hes reporting much improved signal as a result. This is a really good sign that they may be done testing soon.

this is great news. I really think waiting for this phone is teaching me better patience.

Eric Kane

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
The other thing I think is telling is this:

I wouldn't read too much into that file name. And, regardless, it really doesn't matter. Don't think it'll be out Nov. 29, either. Also, was just sent an e-mail that's going around indirect retailers confirming Dec. 8.

I havent heard any changes to this and an update gone good in the form of better signal could mean this tentative date may finally stick.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Got nothing against him but I don't really pay much attention to him these days. Do you know if his SCH-I515 was part of this last round of testing off patches? Didn't he recieve an LTE unit around the time he posted his first impressions on the GSM model it's been awhile since then.

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
P3Droid says the phone will be in our hands within the next 14 days..here's the tweet and quote (as referenced earlier by someone else) for those who don't have access to twitter. Believe him or not, take the information for what it's worth to you.

C6StingRay wademac
@P3Droid Thanks for the updates P3, especially this latest news...eagerly awaiting a release date from Verizon to enjoy the awesomeness!

@P3Droid P3Droid
@C6StingRay if you don't have a nexus in your hands in less than 14 days I'll eat my phone.
https://twitter.com/#!/P3Droid/status/141740586179895298

That with BritishTurbo's tweet on the phones being in Verizon warehouses...I think a release on December 8th (or at least within the next two weeks) is looking pretty good. I'm becoming optimistic (however cautious as ever).

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
He just tweeted that he got the update yesterday, so im assuming so.

Since it OTA'd a few days ago to some testers. If he got it yesterday, Verizon must be happy w/ the fix, since it rolled out to other test units Maybe, the oft rumored, network authentication issue is no longer the achilles heel in Verizons release window. Wish I knew it for.a fact but either way. A few more days soaking and things might start looking up in here again.:cool:

Eric Kane

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I agree. With these fixes, things may finally start looking good for next week. What are we going to do when we actually have this thing, anyways? The words "anti-climatic" come to mind.

hyminameisderek

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I agree. With these fixes, things may finally start looking good for next week. What are we going to do when we actually have this thing, anyways? The words "anti-climatic" come to mind.

Hopefully everyone will discuss all of the good features, help each other navigate around the new OS, etc. But I forsee a lot of pointing out what doesn't work as opposed to what does work :/

Eric Kane

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm too big of a fan of this phone already not to love almost everything about it.

By the way, @britishturbo just tweeted that he has "more proof" that Verizon is launching the Nexus on December 8th. No idea who he is or what proof he has, but anything that points to that date is okay in my book.

dadsterflip

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
There was a tweet linking to droid-life about a confirmed released buuuut you click on a link to droid-life and looks like they pulled it out. Now says 404 error.

RT @TeamAndIRC RT: @droid_life Verizon Confirms Release Date for Samsung Galaxy Nexus http://t.co/ethqs2Qu

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JT1981