Verizon Galaxy S3 First Impressions/Reviews

ducey99

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Loving that the battery is good. I can't wait to get mine after reading these reviews.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

LdotAdot13

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Just got my S3 and still figuring everything out! One thing I can't figure out is the notification lights. I can't get it to blink or change colors. It's always a solid yellow/green color. Text, email, what's app notifications are all the same. Anybody have a fix? Thank you!

Sent from Cletus the S3 using Android Central Forums

s14tat

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Just got my S3 and still figuring everything out! One thing I can't figure out is the notification lights. I can't get it to blink or change colors. It's always a solid yellow/green color. Text, email, what's app notifications are all the same. Anybody have a fix? Thank you!

Sent from Cletus the S3 using Android Central Forums

There is a app in the play store called led tester that will allow you to test each color on the led. Your sounds broken to be honest since you can only turn the led on and off in the settings. There is no way to change the colors with the stock config.

jgfan1972

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
Just got mine yesterday amazing phone so far. I moved from a DInc2 to this, wow it is so much faster, the screen is clearer. They actually included earbuds that dont suck. I am very happy with my choice right now.

mikah15

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I just got my s3 yesterday and im in love. I came from the iphone 4 and im so happy I made the switch!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

BrownSugar622

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone,

I'm new to the forum - I just got my phone a couple days ago after having the HTC Thunderbolt for the last year. I'm in love!

The battery life is amazing and having service that actually doesn't drop is so AWESOME!

I'm enjoying reading this forum and watching Youtube videos about all the cool features :)

Elisa Hernandez

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
I got my Verizon galaxy s3 phone about 5 months ago and I am unhappy with it, it is slow and keeps losing signal and lose battery life fast and when I got my upgrade to jelly bean made it suck even more all my apps freeze every time and it is soooo frustrating to force stop them can't even play games without problems never again getting this phone don't know if I got a lemon or anyone else having this problems too..???

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I got my Verizon galaxy s3 phone about 5 months ago and I am unhappy with it, it is slow and keeps losing signal and lose battery life fast and when I got my upgrade to jelly bean made it suck even more all my apps freeze every time and it is soooo frustrating to force stop them can't even play games without problems never again getting this phone don't know if I got a lemon or anyone else having this problems too..???
Based on my experience with the phone (since release date) I'd say you've got a lemon.

dillon24

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
The signal strength sucks if you live in a rural area. My s3 which is now broken wouldn't ring at my house and would receive no data at all.. when I turned back on my HTC Rezound it got a much better signal, would ring everytime and also got 4g at my house.. other than that it worked great in the more populated areas.. The camera on the HTC also blows away the S3 in my opinion.. alot of darker photos even with the flash etc.. I'll probably be getting the new DNA after i actually test it out at a Verizon store soon

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I just picked up the S3 yesterday and so far I am really impressed on how far along android has come. The device is awesome to use and has tons of features I don't need. With that said I am still learning towards my blackberry z10 even though it lacks so much it's ease of navigation is far superior to the s3 in my opinion.

cindylike24

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I upgraded to the Samsung Galaxy S3 from a Motorola Droid Bionic two weeks ago. As nice as the Bionic was, it cannot hold a candle to the S3. The screen is much clearer and a lot easier on my eyes. The battery life is a whole lot better on this phone too. The phone works like a champ for me.

Cindy

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

mrtwohands

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
I have had my S3 for four months now. I can honestly say, hands down, this is the best smartphone I have ever owned. I have owned many including the dreadful IPhone 3GS. I am an Android fan 100%. The S3 feels great in your hands, it operates smoothly. Between menus, streaming movies or even just sending a simple text. Bar none best phone I have owned and will probably be the last one for years to come. Have not said in a long time considering I am all about getting the newest and greatest lol.

KsilverFlagger

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Just for this device yesterday after a short time with a DNA so far I only have one issue, that being the way the app folders stack the icons. But I'll be able to live with that. I've got a lot to learn yry but so far so good

Sent from my S3 using AC Forums mobile app

Santoj

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
I had been using the Samsung Galaxy S2 for a couple of months before I got the S3 and while I was really not pleased with the price, this is an outstanding phone. I have a sister and a niece that have the I-Phone and they both swear by it, but switching my carrier was not an option for me. My husband is in the computer business and is always researching (and sometimes getting) the newest devices, he actually does programming of android apps so I trust his opinion. He is actually the reason that I got the Samsung Galaxy S2 and I literally fell in love with that phone. It was the first phone that my husband had gotten for me that I actually used for more than just making/receiving calls! I found myself checking my emails at work, searching the web for things that co-workers were talking about, and actually playing games on my phone! I gave my S2 to my daughter so that I could justify me getting the S3, and as of today, I have not regretted that move not once.
First off, let me tell you that the S3 (just like the S2) has gorilla-glass and this is the number 1 reason to get this phone, especially if you have children or are prone to drop things. Trust me, when you pay up to $500 for a phone (or anything else for that matter) then you want to at least know that in the event that you accidentally drop it, that it is not the end of the line for your purchase. The gorilla-glass makes the front of the phone virtually unbreakable, I mean you are not going to be able to scratch the screen or crack it unless you literally take a nail and a hammer and work at it!
Now, for the S3, let me tell you...Siri has finally gotten some competition! S-Voice is amazing! And I love to tell her thank you because she always responds with "my pleasure" or "your welcome". She makes finding places, checking on the weather, checking the traffic or just looking for the best time/place to see a movie so much easier than before. I was going to ask for a tablet but no more, why bother?
I have heard people complain that the phone is too large. But honestly, the day after I got this phone and brought it into the office, people were arguing with me because they thought I didn't really have the S3 because they thought it was a lot bigger than it was. It fits in my hand perfectly and yet has a screen that is large enough for me to check out the web w/out feeling like I am losing something by not looking things up on a standard PC.
All the buttons are user friendly, you just have to get used to where they are and what all they do. Hey, when you buy a car and learn that the volume control is also located on the steering wheel, do you not get the car? Do you not use the option offered to you? No, you change with innovation and with the S3 all the changes are worth it!

Bottom line, I would recommend this phone to everyone that I know that can appreciate a quality android phone. There is a reason that this phone has been in such big demand. If you get the chance...get it...you will not regret your purchase.

SPEEDY DELIVERY IN 2 DAYS AS PROMISED! PHONE DELIVERED IN PERFECT CONDITION w/ALL PARTS! NO SCRATCHES! Thanks Amazon.com

w.png

rcmozingo

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site
I really like my S3,, is easy to use and the camera is very good. Just a little extra that I learned,, not all notice sounds are controlled by the setting>sound,,, sound VOLUMES are controlled by using the setting symbol that appears in the volume box when the volume is increase or decreased. My next adventure with the S3 is to try and unlock it for use overseas.