Verizon Hotspot Throttling

jjrau

Apr 17, 2018
Visit site
Verizon provides an absolute abysmal internet service. They throttle to 600kb once 15GB is reached. This almost compareable to 2014 speeds. Virtualy unusable to even pay Bill's online, much stream Netflix, do homework, work from home, etc.

WARNING: Verizon also locks you into a 2 year contract and they do nothing. They do not run any cables, you buy the hotspot, they only put in your billing info to collect money.

I have tried to cancel and got everything except what I asked for. A cancellation.

DO NOT FALL INTO THIS CORPORATE MONEY GRAB!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Yeah.. Verizon Wireless isn't a home ISP. The 15 GB throttle is told upfront and is on everything in their plan page.

This isn't new to carriers. I suggest reading what you sign up for instead of going off your own expectations... Especially since I don't know where you got them from.

neuronton

May 28, 2016
Visit site
Yeah.. Verizon Wireless isn't a home ISP. The 15 GB throttle is told upfront and is on everything in their plan page.

This isn't new to carriers. I suggest reading what you sign up for instead of going off your own expectations... Especially since I don't know where you got them from.
On the other hand it's unfair when my plan was changed to 3 different plans without even getting a notice through online portal nor mail within s matter of 3 money months Please refer to prior unlimited plan data and i even wouldn't know it's 15" now. Last I spoke with them it was 22. They Changed the Verizon plan multiple times and didn't provide any warning you would be enrolled in the the program you'd credit card signed up with for With contract. I can't link to their history but don't people who aren't 20+
yr vzw subscription holders have every right for confusion and frustration. well that was rhetorical of course. But the truth is not everyone is in tuned and like the many here attempting to hell those less inclined. I know my father would be happier if he knew what else he could do on his s8. It doesn't have any more usage than a low end tracfone he could get with nougat and pay less than half per month. I've been consulted for recommendations and those who haven't researched to death always go for top brand top carrier typically.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
On the other hand it's unfair when my plan was changed to 3 different plans without even getting a notice through online portal nor mail within s matter of 3 money months Please refer to prior unlimited plan data and i even wouldn't know it's 15" now. Last I spoke with them it was 22. They Changed the Verizon plan multiple times and didn't provide any warning you would be enrolled in the the program you'd credit card signed up with for With contract.

Few things here. If you were on the old unlimited plan they didn't change the plan -- they just changed the pricing. Due to you not being in a contract they were free to do this. I know for a fact they give this in writing to the account holder via mail & usually a text.

Also the hotspot was never 22 GB. It sounds like you are confusing the plan with the de-prioritization cap. The de-pri cap is 22 GB/line. This is a "soft" throttle where you will only see a slow down on your phone when a site is congested versus the "hard" throttle that hotspot has of 15 GB (it was 10 before). This is all clearly stated in the terms.

I can't link to their history but don't people who aren't 20+
yr vzw subscription holders have every right for confusion and frustration. well that was rhetorical of course. But the truth is not everyone is in tuned and like the many here attempting to hell those less inclined.

Being confused and not doing your homework can be seen as different things. I am not a car mechanic nor a car guru but I still research things that are told to me to the best of my ability and read what I am liable for at repairs / etc. etc. -- same with a carrier. Everything with a carrier is in the terms / fine print. You can read it and research things you don't understand. The 15 GB cap is one of those things not even in the fine print -- it is in the big bold plan information on the website and other things.

If you think these plans are confusing then you would feel all carrier plans are confusing. VZW isn't doing anything special and their plans match up with other carriers in terms of usage, de-pri limits, and hotspot limits. It is always better to do your own research and read the terms for yourself. Reps won't always give you the whole truth. It sucks that is the case but... humans will be humans. Some are great and others are ehhh.

primevyl

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Verizon wireless absolutely is an ISP which is why they weighed in on net neutrality. As in not in favor of. ..

Itsa_Me_Mario

¯\_(o_o)_/¯
Feb 19, 2018
Visit site
Verizon wireless absolutely is an ISP which is why they weighed in on net neutrality. As in not in favor of. ..
Yeah they have fios or whatever it is called, but Verizon is very clear on the fact that using the hotspot on their mobile plans is not intended to replace home internet service.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1aas