Verizon iPhone = Downfall of Android on Verizon?

reverepats

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
im not on verizon but i think the Bionic is gonna be the compatition for the iphone now......LOL, but i dont think the verizon Iphone is gonna ruin android on verizon...not a chance

reverepats

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I think iPhone will push sales away from BB but little from Android devices.
no doubt the iphone will do great at verizon..at first release its gonna be crazy....but within time things might slow down. cause everyone who wants an iphone on verizon, will get one.....then in the backround ANdroid is gonna keep on expanding man....then once again pass apple....but thats my opinion. Android has already passed apple, but when the verizon iphone get released, they may jump back into 2nd place for a bit.....but like i said everyone who want the iphone will get one and then things will slow down...I THINK, LOL.....but i can agree that BB will be done on verizon....theres been alot of speculation that verizon doesnt even wanna carry BB anymore. i mean look at all the android there pushing out......i reallly wish i was with verizon

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
If verizon carried the iphone and lowered their price iphone would be number 1 in sales for a while, then android will catch up.

But in all honesty I don't think all android phones should be grouped together, I mean I don't think it's fair to compare a zio to an evo, or a droid x to a hero.

People love to group android together

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

reverepats

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
If verizon carried the iphone and lowered their price iphone would be number 1 in sales for a while, then android will catch up.

But in all honesty I don't think all android phones should be grouped together, I mean I don't think it's fair to compare a zio to an evo, or a droid x to a hero.

People love to group android together

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
+1.....
LOL.....i totally agree....

BlackPrince310

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
The iPhone is going to give Verizon too much power. I bet anything their 4G LTE smartphone plans will rape your wallet.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

menschmaschine5

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
The iPhone is going to give Verizon too much power. I bet anything their 4G LTE smartphone plans will rape your wallet.

I can almost guarantee the iphone won't have LTE service, so they'll have to tone down the wallet rape if they want the LTE phones to sell.

Adawg1203

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site

VZ already has the power they are the nations largest wireless company and they got that way because of their network. What power did ATT get from having the Iphone over the last 3 years?

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Android will be fine. I think blackberry is who should be worried.

As much as I used to support bb, I don't think they will last to be in the top 3 just because many companies are making their email other device user friendly.

jwoode

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
A couple of things come to mind.

Verizon simply wants a piece of every pie.

Verizon works and droid does.

AT&T always has and always will suck.

There are herds of android phones and more all the time.

A herd of android pads are emerging as well.

Android is wide open.

There is only one iphone & ipad.

Apple is its own worst enemy in terms of being restrictive

I doubt Steve jobs will get a patent on smart phones.

Apple depends on Steve Jobs and he is a transplant recipient. (cold but true)

Android depends on no single person.

Look way down the road and what do you see?

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I am somewhat surprised by all the iPhone excitement at my office today. The iPhone seemed outdated when I got my EVO back in June. And from everything I've read, Verizon's version actually has less features than AT&T's version (no simultaneous voice and data for example, even if it's a limitation of the Verizon network, and not the phone).

I've never understood the iPhone hype (even before I bought an Android phone), but I guess it's the power of the sheeple. Even if I explain how it's on 3G only and no voice/data at the same time (along with all the other pro-Android stuff), people don't care. They just want an iPhone.

KKShiz

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
This may have already been said. Didn't read all the posts.

I think the iPhone coming to Verizon is great. Up until now there was very little competition for Android, or iOS for that matter. Strong competition from Apple will only force(even more so then they already have) Android and other manufacturers on Verizon to continue to produce great top of the line devices. Competition is a good thing for consumers. I say bring on the iPhone 4(and future iPhone models) to Verizon. It'll just make everyone else stay on their toes and not get too comfortable.