Verizon Lollipop Problems anyone?

juliesdroidsync

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Well even though I turn off the Advance calling, the 4G LTE still lights up!
This definitely is a BUG...now if it's from Verizon, yeah I can see they are banking on ppl using more Data!

Well, if it's a bug in lollipop, why is this not happening to me? It sounds more like a bug in some app that we do not have in common... Unless I misunderstood? You are on Verizon, right?

Posted via the Android Central App

Mad4sax

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Finally got tired of the 8 hr battery time and hot phone after my lollipop upgrade. Did a factory reset last night. Was a PITA but used Kies so it wasn't horrible. Now only time will tell if it worked. I will report back .....

Nope still bad battery and hot phone after resetting. Battery is better but still sucks. Need 5.0.2 ..... :-(

ronpfid

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
I've had some app issues.
* lock screen : Was using Widget locker, it had bad issues with voicemail so had to remove it. Found the best recommendations were for C- Locker, bought that, had it all set up, noticed phone was very laggy, widgets crashing, even would have it reboot sometimes when answering a call. So, back to the plain factory lock screen.
* Always used aquamail, now plain text emails have a font so tiny I have to zoom on every mail to max just to get them barely readable. Removed aquamail, now using stock email.
I'm assuming all this is from the update as everything worked perfect before that.

jch465

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
I had big problems with my Note 4 after the update too...continuous rebooting! Verizon also pushed out the update (or Samsung, whoever) in two steps. The first update went fine. Two minutes later came the one I'd been waiting for...Lollipop 5.0.1. That was where I had the problem. Verizon was zero help, and Samsung said they'd 'look at it' if I sent it to them. I guess they don't realize SOME OF US NEED OUR DEVICES! SO, I did a factory reset, which I HATE doing, and it worked! Try that before shipping it off and being without it for two weeks. Even SAMSUNG tech support never suggested doing a factory reset, but Best Buy did (called them out of desperation). 5 minutes later I was back in business (of course it'll take another year to reconfigure everything the way I had it before!). Good luck, let us know if that works...beats sending it away!

jch465

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Well, I ended up sending my M7 off to HTC. It was gone for 2.5 weeks (borrowed an old iphone in the meantime - not a fan of iphones), but they did not charge me anything. It is now running on 4.3, and I'm not sure if I want to update it to 4.4.2 as that is when the problems started.