Verizon LTE Tab S3: How to Disable Verizon Login App?

Jack_T_Chance

Sep 14, 2018
Visit site
Ever since Verizon Wireless updated my Galaxy Tab S3 to Android 9, their Verizon Login App has become annoyingly obtrusive. My SIM card goes back & forth between my Tab S3 & my Verizon Wireless Moto Z Force Edition, depending on which device needs my Unlimited Data.

Anytime I take the SIM out to move it to my phone, I now get constant, obtrusive popups from Verizon Login about the lack of a SIM. So, I go into Android's App Settings & tell it to block notifications from this app. I also take away all its app permissions and Force Stop it, and I STILL get the popups! VZW's app is overriding my Android settings! But the option to fully Disable the app is turned OFF! 😡

I get that when there's a SIM in my tablet, that App may be needed, but this tablet is supposed to be usable without a SIM and I don't need constant popups every few minutes reminding me that there's no SIM! What can I do to disable this obtrusive bloatware?!? 🤔

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Very good question, never seen that app or experienced that with my Verizon devices.

Have you tried using airplane mode? If you enable airplane mode to disable the connection to the towers the pop up may go away, it worked for some older devices that would display no SIM and annoy me. While airplane mode is enabled you can still turn WiFi and other connections back on.

Jack_T_Chance

Sep 14, 2018
Visit site
Very good question, never seen that app or experienced that with my Verizon devices.

Have you tried using airplane mode? If you enable airplane mode to disable the connection to the towers the pop up may go away, it worked for some older devices that would display no SIM and annoy me. While airplane mode is enabled you can still turn WiFi and other connections back on.

So, this is a very belated response, I know. I only use my Verizon phone occasionally, most of the time, my SIM lives in that tablet. But I just upgraded the phone for my Verizon line, and with the SIM in the new phone, this stupid Verizon Login Android System App that cannot be disabled is at it again, and its pop-ups are even more annoying than I remembered!

So, I tried Airplane Mode as you suggested, and it makes no difference. I still get pop-ups every couple minutes harassing me. :mad:

Funny story, true story, my new phone is from Unihertz, the company that makes smartphones that are more unique than what you'd get from Brands A, S, M, H, T, or Z! And on my new phone, Unihertz has built in, as part of their Android Customizations, an App Blocker that will let you completely stop an app from doing anything you don't want it to do. It can't run in the background, it can't deliver notifications, it can't override your settings in App Blocker to do what it wants to do anyway. It would be massively useful here, so I'm going to be pressing Unihertz to release it as a stand alone Android App that can be downloaded from the Play Store to just about any Android device! :cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678