Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo $100 rebate

Rob_B

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I contacted vzw support on Twitter and was told " VZW Support@VZWSupport*

*The DROID Turbo trade in promotion is available for purchase with a two year contract or on Edge"
Guess full retail purchaser is SOL 😈

BlueLions81

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
BTW, I was told that anyone looking to do "Early Edge" (join Edge before your 2-year contract is up) would have to turn in their current phone, and that that phone would NOT qualify for the $100 rebate. In other words, to do Early Edge and get the $100 rebate you'd have to turn in TWO different phones. Has anyone successfully done otherwise?

If this is true it would be a deal breaker for me. I have a Droid Bionic that I could turn in for $100, but I'm not willing to also turn in my Droid Maxx and get absolutely nothing for it. That would be ridiculous.

rghurtle

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
Got the turbo on the edge program. When I told the salesman that I would just keep my DNA he offered me a $200.00 gift card which he issued.

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Got the turbo on the edge program. When I told the salesman that I would just keep my DNA he offered me a $200.00 gift card which he issued.

FWIW Some models are getting more than the minimum $100 trade in with Turbo purchase. So far folks have posted the DNA, OG Droid, and some of the very new models released from late last year to current will get a higher amount.

Sent Turbo-fast from my bulletproof 64GB Droid Turbo

joeblow567

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Has anybody received their $100 promo code who purchased online? It's been 5 days since activation now and I haven't received any texts or emails.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I paid full retail for my phone and got the $100 credit, a week later even. I didn't think I qualified if I wasn't upgrading my plan so I didn't ask. I was in the store today with my dad who was buying a turbo and traded in his RMHD. I asked if I could also get the credit even though I'd paid full price and it was a week ago. The rep said sure. So I ran home and got my Blackberry (probably worth about $3 these days?) and gave it to him. He applied a $100 credit to my account no problem.

bigdav1178

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Has anybody received their $100 promo code who purchased online? It's been 5 days since activation now and I haven't received any texts or emails.

I'm in the same boat... I did a chat session earlier with their online support, and was told to contact customer service (800-922-0204) regarding the code. I plan to call today during my lunch break.

joeblow567

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the same boat... I did a chat session earlier with their online support, and was told to contact customer service (800-922-0204) regarding the code. I plan to call today during my lunch break.

I talked with customer service on Wed night and they said to give it a few days. They also referred me to the trade in center who had no idea about the current promo. Let us know if you hear anything!

joeblow567

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Finally gave up waiting for the code to be emailed or texted to me and took my old phone directly to the corporate store. I received a $100 credit right away on my account, no questions asked.

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Will they take a blacklisted Sprint phone? Bought an HTC evo, for a games player, off eBay a while back. Was a clean esn when it arrived, but then the seller reported it as lost/stolen.

Talking through tapping
My trade in was the original HT EVO, rooted, and ROMed a hundred times. I just flashed one of the manufacturers RUUs to it and they were more than happy to take it. Shipped ROMs

asylvia

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
so i called customer service today. she said the code came up on her screen. it was an all number code. when i went to the tradein website i entered the code and it said it was invalid. i called the folks at the tradein website and they are supposed to be emailing me a new code within 24 hours......this is getting ridiculous....

Fable

Android Rules
Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
so i called customer service today. she said the code came up on her screen. it was an all number code. when i went to the tradein website i entered the code and it said it was invalid. i called the folks at the tradein website and they are supposed to be emailing me a new code within 24 hours......this is getting ridiculous....

Thats ok I went ahead and called again today as its 2 Turbos and 0 codes. They told me to use the MotoTurboSmart100 code that is being used in stores. I explained that while the code started working (doesn't say invalid) that it removes all appraised value and shows up as a $* and that really isn't enough to get me to trade in my phone :)

EDIT: Called me back about an hour ago and said they are still working on it.. not sure what to think at this point.

I'm supposed to get a call back today - so will let you know how it goes.

Last edited:

Toes Up

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Has anybody been able to get the rebate while paying full retail? I'm on a business plan so VZW won't allow me to buy on the Edge and I don't want to do a 2 year contract.

asylvia

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
Thats ok I went ahead and called again today as its 2 Turbos and 0 codes. They told me to use the MotoTurboSmart100 code that is being used in stores. I explained that while the code started working (doesn't say invalid) that it removes all appraised value and shows up as a $* and that really isn't enough to get me to trade in my phone :)

EDIT: Called me back about an hour ago and said they are still working on it.. not sure what to think at this point.

I'm supposed to get a call back today - so will let you know how it goes.

Fable any luck?

asylvia

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
seems insane that they have this promotion, but then can't get their **** together. i even tried to get the credit in store, and they said i couldn't do that.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alakmalak