Verizon note 4, want to block further OTA updates.

v8440

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,

The title pretty much says it all. About 2 weeks ago I allowed an update, and it seems my battery life has taken a sharp dive since then. I don't believe it was a full OS upgrade, as my phone shipped with 5.0.1, and that's what it said after the update. In any case, I have done a factory reset and then disabled wireless until I can get help on blocking further updates. I don't want the problematic update I got before the reset to be applied again. I might even be interested in going to kitkat if that can be done on a phone that shipped with lollipop, but I'm not hellbent on that. What it shipped with is fine, I just want to have it keep working well. I have yet to find any instructions on how to do this that make sense to me.

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
I might even be interested in going to kitkat if that can be done on a phone that shipped with lollipop, but I'm not hellbent on that.
The reason I asked about the Baseband is because more than likely you're stuck on LP. OF1 is the latest LP and if you have the latest updates, they have incremented the bootloader. No more going back to KK.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
The reason I asked about the Baseband is because more than likely you're stuck on LP. OF1 is the latest LP and if you have the latest updates, they have incremented the bootloader. No more going back to KK.
Confirmed... been there, done that! :-(

v8440

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Oh well, no biggie. I have successfully installed and used the program referenced in the link above. I have deactivated lots of stuff, though I don't know whether I've deactivated the stuff needed for OTA updates. If not, I would like to. Between doing a factory reset and using that program, battery life seems to be roughly the way it was when I got this phone, which was only about 2 months ago.