Verizon Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I was told by Verizon that they have heard nothing from Samsung yet. So I am going to swap mine tomorrow. Ill just deal with the second swap when its time. I am not looking forward to a S7E but I guess Ill have to deal with it until the new N7 is released from prison.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I was told by Verizon that they have heard nothing from Samsung yet. So I am going to swap mine tomorrow. Ill just deal with the second swap when its time. I am not looking forward to a S7E but I guess Ill have to deal with it until the new N7 is released from prison.

I just swapped for a S7E but it's a solid device. Granted, it's not the Note, but it'll do.

jacko147

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
OK I am back for at least 90 minutes I have to go back with my CABLE , I was told I had to have the original box with everything that came in itI had it all except the cable

While I was there 2 people came with cracked screens they were told they would not except it and them left

We had trouble getting around the re-stock fee

I told the manager I will be out of the US from Sept 29 thru Oct 8th and I was concerned about returning my loaner by Sept30 they said that wasn't a problem that date was for the return of the original Note 7 They are not expecting the replaces till the end of the month

This company store in Canton Ohio is the second largest in a 50 mile zone the manager said they didn't sell many Note 7 or Note 5's he said the Akron Ohio store sold tons

Just my two cents as you may have noticed earlier today I was told Sunday or Monday

I believe the store has some bad info, Samsung wants the phones back, they could care less about the contents, I've seen other people post the same thing you have and I've seen people post that all they needed was their phone... I gotta believe that not everyone keeps the box, for them to deny return because of a missing box could bring lawsuits imo, Verizon needs to get all their employees on the same page, seems like a simple memo should improve this?

Last edited:

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I was told to bring everything that came with it too. I told her I didnt have it all. She said bring what you can its not a deal breaker. So the USB -C adapter will stay with me as will the ear buds and charger. Not really worried about the rest rofl

cary328is

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Verizon Wireless CS @VZWSupport
Let's clear up the rumors. You don't need to return the device with the original packaging. Print this out and speak to a manager if needed. Please make sure you're returning the device at a Corporate Location. Please let us know if you have any further questions.
*LS

AdamHLG

Trusted Member
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Let's further clear up the rumors. There is not a single Verizon rep that is going to know anything more than the CPSC and the CPSC is running the show now whether you call the recall formal or informal. So hang tight we should know by next week.

fargas0822

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site
This....S7E isn't bad at all. I really miss the Note though. It really sucks some of you are having such a hard time with your Verizon stores....if I had did the smart switch on my laptop I would have been in and out in 15 minutes with the swap

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know if the N7 silver and the S7edge silver are the same, color tone wise? I'm liking the color of the silver S7edge I'm temporarily using now.... I heard the silver S7edge was so popular that it was on backorder but the silver N7 was like a redheaded stepchild.. So there must be a huge difference in tone

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Just go in the afternoon after the morning rush. They will be sold out of iPhones by then probably. A lot of those idiots stand in line all night to get it when the store opens at 9am.

Lol dang. I won't stand in line all night for any phone lol. I rather wait for it to come FedEx haha.

TheMiz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Trip number 3 , when to pick up my S7E as I was told they need about one hour to transfer everything
Got there after 90 minutes , stood for 20 while Ashley finished with another customer , the transfer was only at 31% told to wait or come back they close at 8pm

I have been a loyal Verizon customer since 2000 not one time in 16 years did I ever have to return a phone for any reason until now. I am not happy with the way I am being treated on this matter.

Karen Hildebrand

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Seems u had the wrong clerk lol. That is the same store in Canton I was in on Sat. I was in and out in 35 min. No ear buds and I didn't have the adapter. Not a problem. I didn't let them transfer anything, I had it all on my laptop at home. Isnt just amazing how each exchange is so different? Nobody really knows anything. Lol

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Trip number 3 , when to pick up my S7E as I was told they need about one hour to transfer everything
Got there after 90 minutes , stood for 20 while Ashley finished with another customer , the transfer was only at 31% told to wait or come back they close at 8pm

I have been a loyal Verizon customer since 2000 not one time in 16 years did I ever have to return a phone for any reason until now. I am not happy with the way I am being treated on this matter.

I would never let the Verizon counter monkey do anything to my phone. :p
When I get a new phone from the Verizon corporate store I refuse to let them open and play with it.
I set all my devices up as a new device. This is just me though.

Karen Hildebrand

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Does anyone know if the N7 silver and the S7edge silver are the same, color tone wise? I'm liking the color of the silver S7edge I'm temporarily using now.... I heard the silver S7edge was so popular that it was on backorder but the silver N7 was like a redheaded stepchild.. So there must be a huge difference in tone
Sure looks the same to me...called silver titanium on both. I loved my silver note

Viscomi4444

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
It's because they realized how crappy and a eye sore silver is

mrocha85

Aug 23, 2016
Visit site
Swapped out both phones today for the S7E and already got the approval for 2 free gifts on the Samsung promo. I hate this S7E but another 2 free gifts are worth it to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.