Verizon Note Recall Thread 2.0

silentjosh37

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately that's not a Samsung issue, that's a carrier issue. There's nothing Samsung can do about it.

The only phones eligible for the 50% pay off on Verizon are the new iPhones. Any other device bought on the DPP will need to be paid in full before you can upgrade.

That isn't quite the case. I was able to purchase my Note 7 at 50% of my Note 5 with return of the Note 5, didn't return it as of the hassles in the first 2 weeks with the first recall, held on to it just in case and it turned out to be to my benefit as I reactivated it to use while I wait for the Note 8/S8 Pro non-exploding edition.

mrocha85

Aug 23, 2016
Visit site
Unfortunately that's not a Samsung issue, that's a carrier issue. There's nothing Samsung can do about it.

The only phones eligible for the 50% pay off on Verizon are the new iPhones. Any other device bought on the DPP will need to be paid in full before you can upgrade.

Are you sure? I could of sworn even the note 7 was eligible once you hit 50%.

devauls

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
I think most of the newer phones are eligible for an upgrade once you hit 50% of the balance paid. I think others are 75%.

This is what I was told as well. This, when combined with the Samsung $100 credit makes it worthwhile for me to get a new s7E rather than go with a used phone since I traded in my note 3 and have no backup.

WickedLady77

Oct 17, 2016
Visit site
Re: why is Verizon pushing customers so hard to exchange Note 7 for the iPhone 7 Plus?

why is Verizon pushing customers so hard to exchange Note 7 for the iPhone 7 Plus?

was at my Verizon corporate store again today... the same manager that I talked to previously asked me "so you're ready to turn in your Note 7 for the iPhone 7 Plus yet?" I hate iPhones, so I obviously declined. However, he told me that they have recommended that most of the walk-in customers to exchange their Note 7 for the iPhone 7Plus... and most have done so.

Is Apple taking advantage of Samsung by offering Verizon extra incentives to push iPhones to Note 7 customers? If so, is that even legal?

WickedLady77

Oct 17, 2016
Visit site
I am typing this reply from my Replacement Note 7. I love it. I want to keep it but can't. I'm literally sad over it.

I need to fly, and I too, am tired of wondering if it will catch on fire or if it won't. I also want the next Note release and will have to break my contract to get it.

Verizon is loving me. Lots of phones, lots of taxes, and lots of activation charges during this process. I'm contemplating the Pixel XL and LGV20 this month. Not sure which one I want, cause I really don't want either, I want my Samsung Note 7.

Question: S Pen. Does this trap air into the phone? Unique item on this phone?

Fast charging. Is there an issue with that? These phones do run hot when charging have since S3.

Did these 5 people charge their phone differently, Did they start these fires? Did they have an app that matched? Did they live in same environment? What is the common denominator or root cause of these hot smoking phones. Did they get wet? Rain? Did they use the S Pen?
Were they gamers? Their Ages? Business people? Did they try to reboot their phones? Did they try to open them?

5 and recall? Ugh. Just so frustrated.

I have always had Samsung. I don't want to switch. And I'm actually surprised at how I feel about it. Sick to my stomach to switch. Please. Get this fixed, and say we can keep our Note 7s.

Dianna

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
This is what I was told as well. This, when combined with the Samsung $100 credit makes it worthwhile for me to get a new s7E rather than go with a used phone since I traded in my note 3 and have no backup.

The Note 7 was and, I just checked, my S7 still shows I am eligible once I hit 50%

Are you sure? I could of sworn even the note 7 was eligible once you hit 50%.

That isn't quite the case. I was able to purchase my Note 7 at 50% of my Note 5 with return of the Note 5, didn't return it as of the hassles in the first 2 weeks with the first recall, held on to it just in case and it turned out to be to my benefit as I reactivated it to use while I wait for the Note 8/S8 Pro non-exploding edition.
Ok so you can't buy the Note 7 anymore....
Yeah, it was eligible when it first came out. Only new Samsung phones for a period after they first come out and new iPhones for a period after they first come out are able to take advantage of this. If you purchased an S7 today, it would not be eligible and you would have to pay it off before you could upgrade. This comes straight from the website, and has also been confirmed by reps in chats. Unless you guys have some plan that doesn't exist anymore (edge plan), then there definitely is no 75% payoff option and no other phones qualify.

Screenshot_20161017-170812.jpg

jgraves1107

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Ok so you can't buy the Note 7 anymore....
Yeah, it was eligible when it first came out. Only new Samsung phones for a period after they first come out and new iPhones for a period after they first come out are able to take advantage of this. If you purchased an S7 today, it would not be eligible and you would have to pay it off before you could upgrade. This comes straight from the website, and has also been confirmed by reps in chats. Unless you guys have some plan that doesn't exist anymore (edge plan), then there definitely is no 75% payoff option and no other phones qualify.

View attachment 242606
Yeah some plans still have it. My line is a 50% line as long as I return the device I purchased on that line at 50%.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Yeah some plans still have it. My line is a 50% line as long as I return the device I purchased on that line at 50%.
Yeah, the edge ones, right? Anyone on the new plans can't do that though. So the average person getting a new phone wouldn't be eligible to do the annual upgrade unless they got an iPhone.

I wish all phones were eligible for this. I would try out some other phones. Oh well.

Mkj3322

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Is it weird that after fighting at the Verizon store for them to take my phone Saturday, I have yet to receive any kind of refund. I understand Verizon is trying to push the "only refund if you upgrade to a new phone" garbage but this is ridiculous. I've had to do so much fighting to get my money back

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Is it weird that after fighting at the Verizon store for them to take my phone Saturday, I have yet to receive any kind of refund. I understand Verizon is trying to push the "only refund if you upgrade to a new phone" garbage but this is ridiculous. I've had to do so much fighting to get my money back
You will do well by switching to tmobile.....

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Are they just sending it back for you? I know during the first recall they would reluctantly take them but would say until they get to the warehouse, you wouldn't get your refund.

aechulo82588

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone in the chicagoland area been able to get verizon corp store to take the phone back in store? I already tried at one place and as soon as i said note 7 they where like you have too wait for box to be sent out. but all per chat with verizon.com i can be returned to store that they were going to document it on my account notes. so i will try a different store today and see what happens.

James Beam

Oct 11, 2016
Visit site
I think Verizon is doing their best to push people to “upgrade” to get the return of the Note 7 taken care of. Reason being, they had to void all the 2 year contracts for everyone that had a Note 7 on an installment plan. They had no choice but to do this, because it would have been illegal to continue charging someone on a device that has been recalled. So I’m sure Verizon feels like they potentially got screwed out of a bunch of cash because of all this. Nothing prevents these folks from going to competitors now because they are no longer under contract. I’m hearing stories of the people who paid in full not getting their money back until the note is returned. Probably because they paid in full before the recall took effect, so there might be some type of loophole in the law that lets them get away with it. Verizon is probably trying to make it difficult to get a straight refund, so people don't just dump the phone and cut and run, so they’re trying their hardest to get people to get another new phone from them.

From their Note 7 Recall FAQ
What if I don't want to exchange my Galaxy Note7?
We strongly encourage our customers to power down their Note7 device and process an upgrade by visiting https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...//www.verizon.com/smartphones/&token=kyxZRSH3.
Orders placed through 10/19/2016 will receive free overnight shipping. After you process your order, you'll receive a special recovery box to return your Note7. (Notice it doesn't say anything like YOU MUST RETURN OR ELSE...)

Do I need to return my Galaxy Note7 after I upgrade to a new device?
Yes, to avoid any charges, please return your Note7 in the special recovery box provided after you process your order. (Notice it just says to avoid any charges – I’d be curious to see if/how they attempt to charge someone for a device that has been recalled)

What happens to the device payment agreement I have for my Galaxy Note7?
Your Note7 device payment agreement has been automatically canceled, and you'll receive a bill credit for any payments made towards your installment balance.
Additionally, you'll receive a refund or bill credit for any taxes, down payments or upgrade fees you may have paid. Please allow 1-2 bill cycles for credits to apply.

Notice the FAQ doesn’t say a peep about just activating an old device because they don’t make any extra money that way….https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...w.verizon.com/support/samsung/&token=wgBewrtd

James Beam

Oct 11, 2016
Visit site
This is what I want to know. And they should just send a box to everyone, not AFTER you purchase a new phone. I won't be purchasing one for months.

Totally agree. They are definitely trying to be cryptic in letting people know that they're legally entitled to a refund or having clear instructions how to return it without any type of upgrade/exchange.

steelers1

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
From their Note 7 Recall FAQ

Additionally, you'll receive a refund or bill credit for any taxes, down payments or upgrade fees you may have paid. Please allow 1-2 bill cycles for credits to apply.

I'm having an issue with getting my $200 down payment back if I return or exchange because I bought the phone at Target but did the first recall exchange at Verizon because Target wouldn't. From reading from Verizon's faq it says I should receive my down payment and taxes within 2 billing cycles. It doesn't specify that it matters who I originally payed it to. Before they credited back my first 2 payments my account did reflect that I had payed 21% of the device off.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sáenz