Verizon Note Recall Thread 2.0

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
Were you refunded whatever payments and sales tax you made for it? I wouldn't expect to see that $900, but I think this is a way of showing that they didn't charge you for the phone at all (at the original total installment plant price) to cover their ***. It is odd that it shows that the equipment as returned though. I read on another forum that a guy received an email like yours when his sales tax money was credited back. He also said he still had the note. I haven't gotten my sales tax back yet, so I'm hoping I get the same thing when that happens lol I really don't think Verizon cares about what happens with these phones if you didn't bother to upgrade with a quickness to get another kind of new phone from them.

Yeah I saw the same post from someone else. Would be interested to see what your credit actually turns out to be.

For the original note, i did receive the two device payments that i had made.

I had not made any device payments of the replacement note and i have yet to receive any of the sales tax back (for either device).

For a while after the second recall my eligibility was re-set but now it shows for 2018

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site

I had not made any device payments of the replacement note and i have yet to receive any of the sales tax back (for either device).

For a while after the second recall my eligibility was re-set but now it shows for 2018
What is this ?
What everybody screams about Best Buy.
But they don't scream about the problems with Verizon.

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
What is this ?
What everybody screams about Best Buy.
But they don't scream about the problems with Verizon.

If you read through this thread or the original thread there are lots of complaints about Verizon

I hope they stay incompetent on this one, i want to hold onto my Note 7 until at least the S8 comes out

cwestly

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Finally! Now let's see how long it takes to get my credit.
5374ab9c485bcedbc80e4a1eef3ca5d6.jpg

haganjeff

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site

nicemann2

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
Is this the "official" return box from Verizon? I have been waiting 2 weeks for this with 3 different representatives say that it was being shipped. I'm on 2 year contract so with taxes and fees am out $400 for the Note 7 and $400 for the S7 Edge. Absolutely ridiculous! Hope your credit comes quickly.

I too was told that my box was being shipped when I bought the replacement devices over the phone. After a week and no tracking number I chatted and demand they send me the box. The rep was very nice and made an order and gave me the order number. Within a hour I got notification from Fedex they picked up a package for me. That was Thursday. Today I got the box and already got it boxed and ready to go out tomorrow.

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site

All of that ^ almost. Posted the same email last week, and I also did not pay full price. I just got my tax credited back to my bank today tho. But after my upgrade being correctly reset to 9/2015 when I returned the first Note 7, today I see it's 9/2018! Says month-to-month, but also Upgrade At Full Retail. WTF?? CS has no idea why. She opened a ticket for me *yawn*.

And completely unrelated, on a different line (I have seven at the moment) that had two device payments made, and was correct on the site last week, now shows the full amount owed and $0 paid.

They seriously need to stop touching things!!!

jbd19909

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
So I recieved a full refund. But im still using my note 7. That im using to type this.
I called, person was confused as well.
I sent back my first note7 for the exchange.
Then receive fire proof box and a text a week later saying
VZW #BAL. Balance due: $176.03, incl credits/adjustments for -$317.69. Payment due by 11/07/2016. Last PMT: $224.40 on 10/05/2016. To make a pmt dial #PMT.

Yeah, received full refund, still have the note 7.

Lol.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Got my refund back on the taxes I had to pay when I ordered replacement note7 on sunday. Shipped original back UPS Thursday in their special box. They probably got it around Saturday. Now waiting for box for replacement note7.

dlgus

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
This is what I am worried about. I had an S6 before and paid it off early to get the Note 7. Now I have to give the Note 7 back and get a phone I don't really want (my S6 is already gone.) There are really no comparable phones to the Note 7 other than the S7E which is 7 months old. Both the V20 and Pixel XL lack the screen, water resistant rating, wireless charging, and they have the fingerprint reader on the back which is really dumb to me. Basically my only choice is the S7E and be stuck with a 7 month old phone for 2 years.

Have you seen what they are doing re:upgrade in Korea? Hopefully they will do the same here.

NormanBites

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
I am just as confused - during the first recall I took my N7 to store, the return was processed and I came home with replacement N7. Once the second recall came I ordered the Pixel XL and called Verizon to have them send me the super fireproof box. Just now got the fireproof box. I also just received an email stating that they have received my equipment and processed a refund for (SMN930VZSB $939.60.)

I still have my replacement N7 sitting here - not sure what to do... I really don't want to part with this phone. If they say its paid for its mine, right??? :)

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
I am just as confused - during the first recall I took my N7 to store, the return was processed and I came home with replacement N7. Once the second recall came I ordered the Pixel XL and called Verizon to have them send me the super fireproof box. Just now got the fireproof box. I also just received an email stating that they have received my equipment and processed a refund for (SMN930VZSB $939.60.)

I still have my replacement N7 sitting here - not sure what to do... I really don't want to part with this phone. If they say its paid for its mine, right??? :)

As weird as it seems i bet that is for the return of the first note 7

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site

Give them a chance to catch up you'll get a bill for the 2nd one

aparker2005

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
You guys tell me if I have a right to be upset. Here's my story:

Pre-ordered N7. 1st recall happens so I temporarily exchange it in store for an S7E. Recall over. So I place another order for a 2nd N7 with overnight shipping. When Verizon received my S7E back, they'd refund me. That never happened back in September 21.

So now I have a 2nd N7. 2nd recall happens so I just get a refund in store. I received that credit back to my cc. Got an s7e through best buy on 2 year contract.

So that's 3 orders and only been compensated for 1.

Come to find out, my store charged me for my temporary s7e during the first recall and weren't supposed to. Therefore Verizon gave me a credit to my bill.

That's their screw up. So now I still have a $326.99 charge I'm waiting for Verizon to credit back to my credit card. Getting interest charged for it. Verizon can't seem to understand why I want this fixed.

I spoke with a supervisor 2 weeks ago and thought we had it all straight but found out Verizon denied my return today. I'm about ready to switch to ATT because of this stupid scenario!

haganjeff

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
This is a nightmare that just doesn't seem to end. I'm on a 2 year contract so paid $299 + taxes and fees so around $400. Note 7 is recalled for 2nd time. I get an S7 Edge in store on 10/11/16 paying another $400. I was told the only way to return my N7 was to wait for the box.

Wait a week and no box. Call and am told to return to store. Store says no way, there is a box. Call and am told there is a box that will be coming. Again, silence and no box. I call and tell a rep my dilemma and that I don't appreciate being out an extra $400 on a phone I can't use. She promises to expedite the recovery box.

After not receiving the box after 15 days, I call #611. The first guy isn't aware of any "Recovery Box". I ask to speak to a supervisor. Wait 35 minutes and am finally told they would call back in 48 hours. Told them that was unacceptable. Hang up and call again. Ask for supervisor and they refuse to give me one. I go through the whole scenario with this rep which says first to take back to store. Then comes back and says the boxes are delayed and she can't even order me one. Gives me Samsung's number to call. I absolutely lose it and demand a supervisor. 1 hour and 50 minutes devoted to this now.

Decide to drive to corporate store since they won't answer their phone. Give the Asst. Manager my story and she blames it all on Samsung, but says she will return my phone so I can get my money. Come back this morning to return phone. Took nearly an hour. They return the phone, but inform me the phone has a zero value, so I will not be receiving any credit today. I am clearly frustrated so he goes back to the manager which refuses to show his face on the sales floor. Comes back 20 minutes later to say I will get my money from Samsung. What the hell? I paid Verizon, not Samsung. They don't know when or how, but say I will eventually get a credit. This has been a nightmare. Not sure when I will see my credit, but thinking about contacting the credit card company to reverse the charges. Has anyone else been through a similar scenario?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thephilster001