Verizon possible trade in issue

Beth Hahn

Feb 28, 2018
Visit site
So my partner and I got two note 10+ phones through Best buy as part of a buy one get one deal. First if I pay off and trade in my phone, how will that affect the "free" phone promotion? It's not like I'm cancelling the new line I opened for her. Also since we both got the exact same phone right down to color when I got to pay off my phone I get this message saying the phone active on my line doesn't match the one I was assigned on the purchase. So I guess our phones got mixed up. Verizon will still let me pay off the phone I'm going to upgrade but does that mean if I do a trade in that I'll have to hand over her phone to Samsung? I usually always pre-order from Best buy but I'm going with Samsung this time as they have the configuration I'm looking to get. I just don't want to potentially screw up something here. And yeah I could just swap phone with her but mine is in better shape :/

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
In your situation to avoid confusion I would probably order through Samsung. Reason being if you pay off or upgrade devices you forfeit the bogo promo you previously received from Verizon.
So my partner and I got two note 10+ phones through Best buy as part of a buy one get one deal. First if I pay off and trade in my phone, how will that affect the "free" phone promotion? It's not like I'm cancelling the new line I opened for her. Also since we both got the exact same phone right down to color when I got to pay off my phone I get this message saying the phone active on my line doesn't match the one I was assigned on the purchase. So I guess our phones got mixed up. Verizon will still let me pay off the phone I'm going to upgrade but does that mean if I do a trade in that I'll have to hand over her phone to Samsung? I usually always pre-order from Best buy but I'm going with Samsung this time as they have the configuration I'm looking to get. I just don't want to potentially screw up something here. And yeah I could just swap phone with her but mine is in better shape :/

Beth Hahn

Feb 28, 2018
Visit site
In your situation to avoid confusion I would probably order through Samsung. Reason being if you pay off or upgrade devices you forfeit the bogo promo you previously received from Verizon.

I would imagine that would only work if I were to get an unlocked version vs the Verizon version on Samsung correct? Bc the Verizon version would still have to be financed through Verizon. I'm not against getting an unlocked phone but I do use video and wifi calling frequently.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
You can finance either through Samsung. Everything works on the unlocked model except native video calling, but you still have duo. Hopefully with the new duo integration that changes the native video calling feature.
I would imagine that would only work if I were to get an unlocked version vs the Verizon version on Samsung correct? Bc the Verizon version would still have to be financed through Verizon. I'm not against getting an unlocked phone but I do use video and wifi calling frequently.

Beth Hahn

Feb 28, 2018
Visit site
You can finance either through Samsung. Everything works on the unlocked model except native video calling, but you still have duo. Hopefully with the new duo integration that changes the native video calling feature.

When I select the unlocked is says finance through Samsung, when I select the Verizon one it says finance through Verizon. I thought I could just get the Verizon model through Samsung credit, maybe if I were paying it all up front

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200212-145621_Shop Samsung.jpg
    Screenshot_20200212-145621_Shop Samsung.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot_20200212-145641_Shop Samsung.jpg
    Screenshot_20200212-145641_Shop Samsung.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 12

Beth Hahn

Feb 28, 2018
Visit site
It still peeves me that on the announcement day the 512 was listed as 599 and now it shows 649. I reserved it at the 599 price so here's to hoping it'll stay that price

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
It's most likely showing like that because it's only a reservation. Payment method isn't set in stone. For reference I did a mock and you can clearly see on the Verizon note 10+ 5G they allow you to finance with Verizon or Samung even while getting the trade in credit. I think you'll be fine.
When I select the unlocked is says finance through Samsung, when I select the Verizon one it says finance through Verizon. I thought I could just get the Verizon model through Samsung credit, maybe if I were paying it all up front
Screenshot_20200212-155109_Shop%20Samsung.jpeg

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
It still peeves me that on the announcement day the 512 was listed as 599 and now it shows 649. I reserved it at the 599 price so here's to hoping it'll stay that price
Did the total price without trade in change ?
Is it possible you entered a different trade in?

Beth Hahn

Feb 28, 2018
Visit site
Did the total price without trade in change ?
Is it possible you entered a different trade in?

Nope both with the 700 credit for trade in. Idk maybe they priced it wrong on their site Tuesday. Right now like everything is out of stock so who know what and how much the phone is they are going to let me pre-order at this point.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I think I figured it out.....i notice it stays at 599 until you hit "I agree" on the trade

The phone starts at 1349 before trade. 700 off leaves 649.

Screenshot_20200212-213702_Shop%20Samsung.jpeg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abventz