Verizon question

RaiderWill

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Hello.. Your question is very confusing to me.. This much I can tell you.. If you currently have a Single Line Grandfathered in with Unlimited Data ( That's Me.. ) you can keep your plan just the way it is.. but if you upgrade your phone you have to pay "Full Retail Price" ( My guess is $649.00 for the S3 ) and your plan does not miss a beat.. you can keep it forever.. should you change plans or take ANY phone on subsidy, You loose Unlimited.. FOREVER. But family share tiered is where the issues come in.. you need to wait for the official announcement.. you will have at least a few weeks to decide which way to go at that point with your mutiple lines.. Good Luck !

RaiderWill

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Your Welcome Sir... But I do beg to disagree with you on the honoring of those blessed with Unlimited Data.. This is straight from the mouths of Big Red... So rest easy! I Again, I have never had a Family Share Plan so I don't know exactly how they work.. but this confirms single line Unlimited Data Plans... :)

Verizon.jpg

tekhna

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
RaiderWill is spreading disinformation.

We don't know yet whether using your subsidy on the GS3 will kick in tiered data. The answer appears to be swinging towards "no, it wont'" as people have heard in dribs and drabs from Verizon. And pooled data plans/pricing aren't being rolled out yet.
But we don't know for sure one way or another. I'd upgrade ASAP, once we definitely hear that it won't kill your unlimited data. Or, rather, if it won't kill your unlimited.

Reactions: Ry

RaiderWill

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Hey skwon09.. Thanks for the link! and excuse the children that are following me around the threads..( I think they are jealous because they don't have unlimited 4g data..) but as you can see right on the webpage link that you sent me, you can forever keep your Unlimited Data line but you have to pay retail prices to do it. Now for you if I read your question correctly, you will not be eligible for your upgrade until August? or are you eligible now? remember contract ending month and eligible upgrade month are different.. Your My Verizon home page will tell you right under your phone the date you are eligible to upgrade that line when you sign in. I am sure you will miss the window to get your the phone on subsidy ( My eligible month is Feb so I feel your pain..) if your date is in August but, if you are eligible now you just have to place that order on Wednesday morning and you are locked in at $199-249.00 for the phone on that line with your Unlimited Data Plan intact. and just to clarify that, I am posting this Droidlife page here so hopfully we can end the rumors that I don't what the hell I am talking about when it comes to KEEPING our Unlimited Data Plans.. Again thanks skwon09 and good luck to you ! :)

yeay.jpg

Last edited:

thirsy1258

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I have two smart phones both unlimited my wife uses 1 gig of data I use about 7 bit like the fact I can go more. My kids want smart phones so I'm hoping family data comes soon and cheaper. I wonder if I can upgrade their line to a s3 and give one of them my Nexus and take their s3 and keep my unlimited while they all stay in tiered family data ? If that makes any sense.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
RaiderWill is spreading disinformation.

We don't know yet whether using your subsidy on the GS3 will kick in tiered data. The answer appears to be swinging towards "no, it wont'" as people have heard in dribs and drabs from Verizon. And pooled data plans/pricing aren't being rolled out yet.
But we don't know for sure one way or another. I'd upgrade ASAP, once we definitely hear that it won't kill your unlimited data. Or, rather, if it won't kill your unlimited.

Thank you.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

RaiderWill

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I have two smart phones both unlimited my wife uses 1 gig of data I use about 7 bit like the fact I can go more. My kids want smart phones so I'm hoping family data comes soon and cheaper. I wonder if I can upgrade their line to a s3 and give one of them my Nexus and take their s3 and keep my unlimited while they all stay in tiered family data ? If that makes any sense.

Hey Thirsty.. In theory yes.. if you can afford to pre-order the S3 Wednesday I would do so.. But remember you have to have an upgrade in your pocket on one of the lines right now to get it for $199-249.00.. Otherwise you will have to pay retail $599-649.00 . Then it should just be a matter of going to Verizon and having them move whichever phone to whichever line you like. Another option is to give the children your current smart phones and buy His & Her Blue & White S3's ! if you have an upgrade use it and get one of the phones for $199.00and the other at $599.00.. if you don't have any upgrades available to you, just close your eyes and pay the $1,200.00 and the whole family will be happy!

Especially the Wife... :D

thirsy1258

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Hey Thirsty.. In theory yes.. if you can afford to pre-order the S3 Wednesday I would do so.. But remember you have to have an upgrade in your pocket on one of the lines right now to get it for $199-249.00.. Otherwise you will have to pay retail $599-649.00 . Then it should just be a matter of going to Verizon and having them move whichever phone to whichever line you like. Another option is to give the children your current smart phones and buy His & Her Blue & White S3's ! if you have an upgrade use it and get one of the phones for $199.00and the other at $599.00.. if you don't have any upgrades available to you, just close your eyes and pay the $1,200.00 and the whole family will be happy!

Especially the Wife... :D

Haha the wife wants to keep her iPhone she is not tech savvy. The kids currently have dumb phones with an upgrade on one line. I don't want to have to pay three smart phone fees at $30 a pop until family data rolls out. So I would actually rather them be bundled on family shared since my wife uses no data at all and won't need a new phone for two years. The kids will get my nexus and the other my old tbolt so I have some shuffling of phones to do but it is what it is. Thx for the help. I can't pay 1200 for phones either !!! I have enough bills to pay haha. Just sold my colt ar to knock off some debt.

RaiderWill

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Believe me.. I understand! :) best of luck and enjoy the S3!
I thought I had it down to the U.S.A. or International S3.. Then I seen a link to phonearena with an article stating the G-Note II is rumored for an October release! That's always been my dream phone and 1st choice if Verizon had it! now, it looks like they may get it.. and best of all its rumored to have the 5250 A-15 Dual-Core Chip which comes with the T604 GPU ( That chip went into production this 2nd quarter and should have been in the S3.. ) That's Next Gen stuff and only 4 months away.. So, looks like I am back to my "Black Friday" plan and hope its is discounted at that point. I would hate to get the S3 when the G-Note 2nd Gen has a real shot at coming to Verizon this time around. I think the 1st time they did not think it would be as hot as it has become.. and just passed on it. I know they will not make that same mistake twice. :)

Note2.jpg

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Didn't Verizon specifically say that they would announce the details of the family plan a few weeks prior to implementing it to let everyone have time to let it sink in and make adjustments.

It isn't VZW's MO to just spring a change on customers with no warning. They are more of the policy that they tell you flat out how they plan to screw you well in advance then implement it in due course.

Just look at the elimination of umlimited data for new customers, people were made aware of it at least a week or two in advance before it went into effect. Allowing new customers to get in before the lock.

Seeing as VZW still hasn't said anything about family shared data/no grandfathered unlimited specific changes, my guess is that they will do it when the next iphone comes out, and they will give everyone plenty of warning prior to doing it.

VZW is a lot of things, but they aren't shifty about screwing you. They have always been forthright and upfront about screwing you.

-Suntan