Verizon release date

tekhna

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone heard anything other than June? I imagine not, but worth asking. I want to use an upgrade before the unlimited data cutoff. But of course we don't know when either will occur.

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
All depends on if it gets held by customs like motor and HTC. Apple will prob sue over s voice

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

metz65

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if it's true or not but I heard Apple was suing Microsoft for violating it's patent on denying cell phone imports thru customs.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: WatermelonSlim

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
All depends on if it gets held by customs like motor and HTC. Apple will prob sue over s voice

They do not have any current injunctions on Samsung, unlike the HTC situation. What exactly would they be suing about Siri? There was already voice conrolled services on Android, pre-siri.

Sorry, no Apple lawsuit delays for the GS3.

mud314

May 18, 2012
Visit site
How about the specs, does anyone have what this phone is going to house? So far I have only seen some of its features but nothing regarding the specs. Not thrilled about that huge button either, but I can live with it.

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
How about the specs, does anyone have what this phone is going to house? So far I have only seen some of its features but nothing regarding the specs. Not thrilled about that huge button either, but I can live with it.

Same specs. Except s4 CPU. And maybe 2g ram

Reactions: mud314

Crispy

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
The one concern I have is US carriers removing features (like NFC) and even the software features in TouchWiz like they've done in the past. Usually AT&T is the worst and Sprint the best in that regard.

And I'm still hoping for 2GB in the US S4 phones like the ones in Japan.

Gerane

May 17, 2010
Visit site
My bet is the new shared plans were planned in conjunction with the release of the GS3. We will see these plans go live right before it releases or along side its release and be advertised as a new "feature".

I am torn as I am on an unlimited plan, and thinking about leaving Verizon if this is indeed what they do. My upgrade isn't until August, but was praying to have them give me an early upgrade due to all the issues i've had with my current phone.

tekhna

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm hopeful that it'll come out before they kill unlimited plans, like the Thunderbolt did, but I don't expect it. I have an upgrade to use and I'd really like to use it on the GS3. There's nothing else compelling right now from Verizon.

Crispy

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Verizon is worried about the millions of iPhone users on grandfathered unlimited data and what will happen when they upgrade to iPhone 5, which will likely be LTE. Combine that with GS3 launch, and you have a great opportunity to charge your customers even more.

T_Virus

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm hopeful that it'll come out before they kill unlimited plans, like the Thunderbolt did, but I don't expect it. I have an upgrade to use and I'd really like to use it on the GS3. There's nothing else compelling right now from Verizon.

I agree. I have an upgrade waiting to be used and I'm inpatiently waiting for the GS3 once it hits Verizon.

kath00

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
I have a Galaxy Nexus. I don't mind a second of those since the phone is really nice and very reliable. I was just hoping for something a bit newer gen... DD will likely receive my GNex and I will keep the new upgrade. Hence my desire to have something different.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
To be honest, I doubt this will release on Verizon in June. It'll be dragged out, just like every big release on Verizon.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Yup I will be surprised if vzw launches the Samsung Galaxy SIII before they kill the unlimited plan ,which suks.
I have an upgrade I have been sitting on since March,I wont upgrade to anything after vzw kills the unlimited plan.
If thats the case I guess I will be stuck with the phones I currently have. Buying a phone at full price (off contract) will be kinda tough coming up with the cash all at once.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lather7753