Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Remote Control

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I have watch on set up and it works perfectly. I also have samsung smart view set up and it also works fine at cloning tv. My problem is in samsung smart view I get a message that universal remote control has not been configured so app can only be used to duplicate tv view. I'm pretty sure the remote control with smart view used to work. Any suggestions to get it working again? Watch on is all set up and works fine. I assume that is what is meant by setting up universal remote control.

Beamed from my Galaxy Note 3

yamatime

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
It's pretty simple. Once you go into the app and set up who your TV provider is, you need to set up the remote. In the top right corner on the main screen of the app, click the little remote control. It will take you through the setup. It works pretty well. The only issue I have is this: I have an over the air antenna and the channels have decimals. Like 29.1, 5.3. The remote won't put in the decimal points so it won't switch to the right channel.

Sent from my Note 3 on Tapatalk

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
go into which app? Again, my remote is all set up for watch on but I get the message saying it isn't in samsung smart view. When I turn on samsung smart view there is no option to set up universal remote control.
quvenevy.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Well everything is already set up in watch on so why does smart view warn it is not? Watch On remote works perfectly controlling tv and cable box. Please look in smart view and see if you can access it's remote or if you get the same message I showed you.

wrich2005

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Well everything is already set up in watch on so why does smart view warn it is not? Watch On remote works perfectly controlling tv and cable box. Please look in smart view and see if you can access it's remote or if you get the same message I showed you.

I don't have an app called smart view on my Verizon note 3

Posted via Android Central App

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I have the UN55ES8000F and it works fine. Even samsung smart viewer turns the tv on and off but won't incorporate the other controls in watch on. I did have to do the manual installation in watch on though. Automatic installation doesn't detect the tv.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRG582