Verizon still doing it

johnriii

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
That would be the reason, no arguement there. 98.9 Million is alot. Now, if only half of those people called verizon and said they are canceling their services................I wonder what kind of control we would get back.

that would be AWESOME! problem is, you can barely get TEN people to agree on the same thing the same way, how do you do that with 98.9 million? I guess we can always dream....:)

TeritorialDemon

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
that would be AWESOME! problem is, you can barely get TEN people to agree on the same thing the same way, how do you do that with 98.9 million? I guess we can always dream....:)

Well, once people realize that you use to get what you paid for is not true anymore than maybe we might get somewhere. I remember paying $80 a month and having Unlimited data. Verizon screwed everyone. Now the average plan is about $120, for 1 line! They get rid of your early upgrade? Hmmm..... Let's see here. How can I put this nicely. Everyone who has Verizon listen up.............Did they use lube on you when they bent you over and shoved it in your @$$? Think about it and you will see what I'm saying.

johnriii

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Well, once people realize that you use to get what you paid for is not true anymore than maybe we might get somewhere. I remember paying $80 a month and having Unlimited data. Verizon screwed everyone. Now the average plan is about $120, for 1 line! They get rid of your early upgrade? Hmmm..... Let's see here. How can I put this nicely. Everyone who has Verizon listen up.............Did they use lube on you when they bent you over and shoved it in your @$$? Think about it and you will see what I'm saying.

I see what you're saying, and I agree. but no matter how well your point is stated, people are still going to do what they're going to do. I'm with Verizon, and I'm still on unlimited data for two smartphones. my bill will go up $30/month when I do upgrade, but you know, I think it's worth it. it's a priority to me to be able to make a call, hold said call, and complete said call in between two jobs. frankly speaking, In the ten years plus that I've been with verizon, I would bet I've dropped less than ten calls, no matter which phone I was using, and this is in all geographic areas of the country. NW, SE, SW, you name it, I can get a signal. now, if being with boost mobile works, or Straight talk with Walmart, etc, then great. I just can't afford to take a chance with "sometimey" service. Yes, I would LOVE to drop about $40/month from my bill, but in most cases, you DO get what you pay for.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Not me, I pay less than $45 for my share of the family plan with unlimited unthrottled 4GLTE.

Based on q1,the average revenue per account is $150.27,with an average of 2.67 connections per account. So average cost per connection is $56.28

Regardless of what you may think, Verizon is doing very financially. Which really is the bottom line

" Verizon Wireless added 677,000 retail subscribers in the first quarter, slightly higher than Wall Street expectations for about 634,000, according to eight analysts contacted by Reuters.

The operator said its wireless service margin of 50.4 percent based on earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization was a record high. Expectations had ranged from 48.5 percent to 49.9 percent, according to four analysts polled by Reuters.

In comparison, its biggest rival AT&T Inc, which reports first-quarter 2013 results on April 23, posted a wireless margin of 41.6 percent in the year-ago quarter."

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSBRE93H0HC20130418?irpc=932

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

Last edited:

TeritorialDemon

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I see what you're saying, and I agree. but no matter how well your point is stated, people are still going to do what they're going to do. I'm with Verizon, and I'm still on unlimited data for two smartphones. my bill will go up $30/month when I do upgrade, but you know, I think it's worth it. it's a priority to me to be able to make a call, hold said call, and complete said call in between two jobs. frankly speaking, In the ten years plus that I've been with verizon, I would bet I've dropped less than ten calls, no matter which phone I was using, and this is in all geographic areas of the country. NW, SE, SW, you name it, I can get a signal. now, if being with boost mobile works, or Straight talk with Walmart, etc, then great. I just can't afford to take a chance with "sometimey" service. Yes, I would LOVE to drop about $40/month from my bill, but in most cases, you DO get what you pay for.

I agree with your statement that you get what you pay for. I am just trying to get across to people that WE do in fact have the power to get verizon to lower the costs and give us back what they took. Unlimited data, don't charge us $30 to upgrade our devices, etc. Verizon has taken aaway and charged more for less. I am going with someone else.....smart talk is actually good, service almost everywhere Verizon is! $45 a month for unlimited EVERYTHING! Beats $120 a month and only unlimited mobile to mobile

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I agree with your statement that you get what you pay for. I am just trying to get across to people that WE do in fact have the power to get verizon to lower the costs and give us back what they took. Unlimited data, don't charge us $30 to upgrade our devices, etc. Verizon has taken aaway and charged more for less. I am going with someone else.....smart talk is actually good, service almost everywhere Verizon is! $45 a month for unlimited EVERYTHING! Beats $120 a month and only unlimited mobile to mobile

Again, I am paying less than $45 for my share of the family plan with unlimited unthrottled 4GLTE.

With regards to smart(straight?) talk, their $45 plan is unlimited with a huge asterisk. If you have what they consider excessive usage then they will can you. I have heard of people getting canned for less than 3gb a month. That to me isn't true unlimited. In comparison, Verizon is truly unlimited unthrottled 4GLTE. I don't know if there is a limit but I know people over 100gb a month and no complaints. I myself am more modest at 60gb.

Also mvno do not get priority in cell tower

straight talk does not offer 4GLTE.

StraightTalk also does not get subsidies, which are to me worth $15-25 a month.

So yes, you get what you pay for. But if you know how to deal, you can get verizon for a much more reasonable price

johnriii

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Again, I am paying less than $45 for my share of the family plan with unlimited unthrottled 4GLTE.

With regards to smart(straight?) talk, their $45 plan is unlimited with a huge asterisk. If you have what they consider excessive usage then they will can you. I have heard of people getting canned for less than 3gb a month. That to me isn't true unlimited. In comparison, Verizon is truly unlimited unthrottled 4GLTE. I don't know if there is a limit but I know people over 100gb a month and no complaints. I myself am more modest at 60gb.

Also mvno do not get priority in cell tower

straight talk does not offer 4GLTE.

StraightTalk also does not get subsidies, which are to me worth $15-25 a month.

So yes, you get what you pay for. But if you know how to deal, you can get verizon for a much more reasonable price

Nice catch. since i work part time at Wal-Mart locally, I've had several people inquire as to how reliable is straight talk. of course $45/month for unlimited everything SOUNDS great. I, for one, did not know they didn't offer 4GLTE. even the people in my store who work in electronics don't really know how reliable it is, I've just told them to research on the internet for themselves, I'm sure they can find out. Sadly, this is how most people get caught with a less than servicable item....GOOD MARKETING. hell, the tv ads even had ME thinking I need to look into it. but then I woke up.....

anon(3653)

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
Nice catch. since i work part time at Wal-Mart locally, I've had several people inquire as to how reliable is straight talk. of course $45/month for unlimited everything SOUNDS great. I, for one, did not know they didn't offer 4GLTE. even the people in my store who work in electronics don't really know how reliable it is, I've just told them to research on the internet for themselves, I'm sure they can find out. Sadly, this is how most people get caught with a less than servicable item....GOOD MARKETING. hell, the tv ads even had ME thinking I need to look into it. but then I woke up.....

Also it is not true unlimited. From what I have read they cut your data off if you used too much which seems to be somewhat close to 2gb.

Sent from my second brain.. Okay it is the only one working.

TeritorialDemon

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
If we all actually band together and can go a couple months without our precious phones then we would all get the $45 a month service with unlimited data. DPHAM00, how are you only paying $45 a month for your service? I can only think of one way and that is that you are on a family share plan. If this is the case then yes, you have a good deal. I am refering to the primary line paying the most. Anyways, anyone can check out the prices at verizons website. Ny thing is this ok. If you are happy paying more for less then good for you. I for one will most likely be done with Verizon as soon as my contract ends. Not even prepay services that verizon offers is worth staying. As for 4GLTE, here's my take on that. It's a little faster than 3G but not a big deal seriously. Seems like 4GLTE only gets used when people can't get on WiFi. Nothing against 4GLTE, I own a LG Lucid and have noticed a faster connection then my previous 3G devices. It just goes to show you how many people out there who will pay anything because they can't be without there precious internet, for just a mere 2-3 months. I don't want to come off as being a ***** but come on people. Do you really not have anything better to do other than be on a phone talking, tweeting, facebooking, etc? Our social interaction is being ruined. Our children will grow up with no skills. Eventually we won't have people to keep everything up to code so we can enjoy what we already do. The proof is out there. I can give at least 10 times where kids would rather be on there phones then actually live life they way they should. But I know some will argue. It's fine, those who choose that lifestyle will never have closeness.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I am on the family share plan. The current share everything plan does not allow unlimited unthrottled 4GLTE. Everyone on unlimited unthrottled 4GLTE has to be on an old plan, family share plan, individual plan, or some other legacy plan. I did factor in the account charge, which I divided evenly across all the lines on my family plan.

If unlimited everything is your only concern, nothing else matters, and 3g is ok then you can get Verizon's $50 unlimited everything plan on select devices.

Last edited:

johnriii

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
If we all actually band together and can go a couple months without our precious phones then we would all get the $45 a month service with unlimited data. DPHAM00, how are you only paying $45 a month for your service? I can only think of one way and that is that you are on a family share plan. If this is the case then yes, you have a good deal. I am refering to the primary line paying the most. Anyways, anyone can check out the prices at verizons website. Ny thing is this ok. If you are happy paying more for less then good for you. I for one will most likely be done with Verizon as soon as my contract ends. Not even prepay services that verizon offers is worth staying. As for 4GLTE, here's my take on that. It's a little faster than 3G but not a big deal seriously. Seems like 4GLTE only gets used when people can't get on WiFi. Nothing against 4GLTE, I own a LG Lucid and have noticed a faster connection then my previous 3G devices. It just goes to show you how many people out there who will pay anything because they can't be without there precious internet, for just a mere 2-3 months. I don't want to come off as being a ***** but come on people. Do you really not have anything better to do other than be on a phone talking, tweeting, facebooking, etc? Our social interaction is being ruined. Our children will grow up with no skills. Eventually we won't have people to keep everything up to code so we can enjoy what we already do. The proof is out there. I can give at least 10 times where kids would rather be on there phones then actually live life they way they should. But I know some will argue. It's fine, those who choose that lifestyle will never have closeness.

I love it! yes, there are people out there who literally would DIE without their smartphones, and the Carriers KNOW it. since I do work at Walmart part time, I noticed recently just how many people (not just kids) have their phones up to their face. I actually watch them run into each other because they are so preoccupied with that phone. Now, don't get me wrong, I LOVE my phone and what it can do, but I control it, it doesn't control me. I rely on my phone as my alarm clock, organizer, appointment keeper, youtube watching, etc. but I have YET to bump into one person due to the fact that I can't put my phone down. the death of unlimited data is just a sign of the times, (and yes Sprint, you will lose yours) and I believe this is just the beginning. if I'm not mistaken, there is a video of a guy who almost stepped in front of a moving train because he was engrossed in what was on his phone screen. Yep, we LOVE our smartphones/Iphones, and THEY are going to get FILTHY rich from it.

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Verizon is becoming more and more anti consumer by the month.

1. Getting rid of unlimited data, yet pushing the cloud (to their credit though, for a single line plan they are now cheaper than AT&T)
2. No longer allowing subsidized upgrades with unlimited data
3. No longer allowed to use a jet pack or tablet or even HPC lines upgrade for a phone upgrade
4. No longer allowing early upgrades despite all the competition still doing it
5. Kicking people off of the corporate discounts

It's like they are on a mission to **** off as many people as possible to prove that they can still offer the worst terms and still keep customers

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

You forgot backing CISPA

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bakky