Verizon vs. Unlocked

Jtshurtleff

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys I have a quick question about the differences (if any) between the Pixel and Pixel XL you can buy from Google and the one you can get at a Verizon store. I just bought the XL off of eBay and got, I believe, the Google variant and am going to be using it on Verizon. Will this one have the same bands and such as the Verizon store variant and will I be able to use Wifi Calling and VoLTE? Are there any differences in the phone itself?

PapaGary

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
There is no difference. When the Verizon SIM is inserted and the phone powered up it will download the Verizon apps.

Paulmac0957

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
Not sure this is correct. I have the Verizon Pixel XL, and there are NO Verizon apps on the phone. I am sure if I go to the play store and search for Verizon I can download them, but that is not going to happen. My point is NO Verizon apps downloaded automatically to my phone when it was activated by Verizon.

PapaGary

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site

mrZoSo

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Stay away from Verizon if you want custom recovery(TWRP) and root. I'm hearing the latest update(January) prevents unlocking of the bootloader.

MHatter469

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Not sure this is correct. I have the Verizon Pixel XL, and there are NO Verizon apps on the phone. I am sure if I go to the play store and search for Verizon I can download them, but that is not going to happen. My point is NO Verizon apps downloaded automatically to my phone when it was activated by Verizon.

Interesting, when I switched to Verizon from Google Fi, with a Pixel XL, purchased from Google Fi, I had the My Verizon app automagically appear, and the My Fi app was still there. I could not delete the Fi app, only disable it.

That is the only app that auto-installed, I do not have Go90, NFLwhatever, or any other Verizon bloatware. Honestly, I have unlimited talk, text, and data, so I do not care if I have the My Verizon app.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nunya