very hot watching video

arctic388

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
my nexus gets really warm when watching video on wifi and very hot while streaming anything on 4g/3g.

has anyone drilled holes in the battery cover to vent it? I have bought to extended batteries so i am wondering if having holes would do any good? also any ideas where to drill the holes? whats the optimal location? right or left side of camera? wheres the processor?

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
umm... I wouldnt recommend drilling any holes in your phone or your battery cover. It really isnt needed. The cover itself is thin enough that the difference isn't going to be anything spectacular.

Because the phone is so thin, it is going to get warm while running video on it. Unless you are running it right next to a furnace or a heater it should never get so bad as you should need to worry about ventilation. While watching video, refrain from covering the back of it with your hand.

turdbogls

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
the phone should shut itself down before any damage can be caused to the internals from over heating. i have seen threads about phones doing this.

FWIW i have gotten my thunderbolt up to 120 degrees with no issues.....other than it being hot.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bakky