Vibration notification issue on 4.3 stock messaging app

amard33p

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Currently the 'Vibrate' notification for a new message can only be set On or Off in the stock 'Messaging' app. As a result the phone vibrates whenever a new msg arrives even when I am using the phone and only a visual notification would suffice. Is it possible to set the vibration notification to 'vibrate only when phone is set to vibrate' in the stock app? This would erase the need for other 3rd party apps like Go SMS/Handcent for this simple task.

glbell62

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
This is really annoying, it has been driving me crazy for a week! If all vibrates settings are off the phone still vibrates and rings. Not really sure if this is a bug or a "feature". Maybe there is a developer that can dig deeper into this and offer a solution?

Update: Not sure where I got the info but if you go into sound settings under quiet hours you can tweak the settings to get it to work, again not sure if this was intended to work this way or a bug

Last edited:

fernandezhjr

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Currently the 'Vibrate' notification for a new message can only be set On or Off in the stock 'Messaging' app. As a result the phone vibrates whenever a new msg arrives even when I am using the phone and only a visual notification would suffice. Is it possible to set the vibration notification to 'vibrate only when phone is set to vibrate' in the stock app? This would erase the need for other 3rd party apps like Go SMS/Handcent for this simple task.

When I turn off vibrate within the messaging app settings, the phone only vibrates when receiving a message if I have vibrate turned on at a system level. When I turn on vibrate within the messaging app settings, the phone vibrates when receiving a message at all times. I consider this normal behavior. Are you saying you want vibrate for messages to auto toggle on and off depending if the screen is on or off?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teresa Belmonte