videos showing in gallery but no pictures

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hi all, i have a Galaxy S9. I recently bought an SD card in order to reset my phone. I copied all the stuff i wanted using samsung switch app and frmatted my phone. I came to restore the things from the SD card and it only resorted videos and screenshot folder but the camera photos will not display in gallery. The photos are definatly on the SD card but i am not sure why it is not displaying in gallery. Any fixes?
thanks

Meanz

Jan 31, 2020
Visit site
Hi all, I recently bought an SD card so I can format my phone(S9). I copied all my things using Samsung switch and after formatting I restored files back to the phone. However only the videos are no appearing in gallery and no pictures. I tried to search for .nomedia file but couldn't find it. Any ideas?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi all, I recently bought an SD card so I can format my phone(S9). I copied all my things using Samsung switch and after formatting I restored files back to the phone. However only the videos are no appearing in gallery and no pictures. I tried to search for .nomedia file but couldn't find it. Any ideas?
What you mean format your phone , with sd card?
Sd card can only use for photos,videos,documents

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
The question doesn’t compute. Are you saying your had an old phone, copied files to an sd card and used smart switch and formatted what? You’ll need to be specific, or take out the card and read it in a pc. Hopefully you haven’t wrote over everything.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
You can't format the phone (that would leave you with a paper weight), you can only format the SD card. So if you moved all your pictures to your SD card, then formatted it, you got rid of all your pictures. (PhotoRec can get them back, but get the card out of the phone fast, before you write anything else to it, and write over what's left of the pictures.) About your only other hope is that the pictures were all backed up to Google Photos (or Samsung backup), and you can sync them back (or download them).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edneil1967