Vizio CoStar now saying shipped

milesmcever

Nov 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm using Esfileexplorer it let's me back up apps the long press on the file and share with Google drive the just open EsfileExplorer on the googletv and select the file it takes it a few to download and ask to install but it works.

People in here are having problems with their sound can you explain a little? Mine sound doesn't work with a lot of apps but does with TV pass thru Netflix and advertisements in chrome hopefully vizio will get this thing a little more compatible soon very soon.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

imomperousse

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
ok so i got my replacement today and looks like my first one was fine. Turns out the second one had the same issue. But when I eliminated my receiver it was working fine. Turns out that the co-star and my samsung receiver don't play nice.

When the co-star is in outputted to the receiver the screen says "not supported mode". Tomorrow I will call Vizio to see whats that about.

imomperousse

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Turns out its my receiver is the issue, it doesn't allow hdmi passthrough, I think I can get the sound to work if i set it up like this

cable > co-star > tv > receiver via tos link.....that should get me up and running with my surround sound.

I did notice that ripped dvds the sound doesn't play so that is another issue to deal with. I am using plex as my media server

Last edited:

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I was all excited about getting one of these but all this setup crap is too much for me, the average user, that just needs something that works. I may be back to looking at a Boxee box or something like one guy mentioned, the G-box, any experiences with that yet? It's no wonder people flock to apple. This stuff just needs to work before it's marketed. Geesh!

Message brought to you by the amazing Droid Razr Maxx