Vizio's Bezel Buttons Disabled!

Chrysrawr

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
By now, if you're a VTAB1008 user that has updated to Honeycomb you should have realized your beautiful, glowing bezel buttons are no longer working.
Now being the spunky person I am, I had to contact them about this. It is outrageous! It is like you bought an old tablet with broken buttons. :-\

Well, bad news bears... this will NEVER be fixed. Never! :mad::

Anyways, those fools at Vizio (not the manufacturers - the CUSTOMER SUPPORT AGENTS) are completely useless at their job.

Here is a conversation I had with the lovely, informed , Kayla.

Kayla: Thank you for contacting VIZIO Live Chat, the home of Entertainment Freedom for All. This is Kayla in South Dakota. Have you ever contacted us before?
Christine: Nope. I never have.
Kayla: To better assist you, I would like to get you registered for Customer service support so I can log this case. Could I start off by first getting your full address including zip code (physical address, not PO Box).
Christine: (MY ADDRESS)
Kayla: And you are wanting to know why the update caused the bezel buttons to disable?
No . Think I put that in the contact form.
Christine: That would be great. I would also like to know when it will be fixed.
Kayla: Here at VIZIO we pride ourselves in providing best in class customer support and all of our support is U.S. based, and I can assist you with that.
Kayla: With the update, those buttons no longer function. The buttons are now on the screen. There is no way to change it.
Christine: So you are saying this tablet won't ever be updated to fix it?
Kayla: No, the buttons are on the screen now.
Okay, I think I would know that. Also, you just told me...again.
Christine: That is quite obvious.
Christine: They are taking up the screen pixels
Christine: Not the optimum user experience customers paid for
Christine: When will this tablet be updated?
Kayla: Update to what? There will not be an update that will change the buttons back.
Oh, no she didn't.
Christine: Why not?
Kayla: Because the Honeycomb update changed that.
*FACEPALM*
Christine: Okay, since you're being redundant in your explanations. Can you answer why the update changed that?
Kayla: That is the way the Android software is set up for that version.
Okay, maybe she is not informed to know what Android does. So I let that pass. :)
Christine: Thanks for your non-help.
You have disconnected.

Yes, I know I am whining about my screen being cut down a little. But you have to experience the feeling I am.

Anyone else get me?
Oh, does anyone else have a better explanation for why Android did this?

Thanks.

That conversation was as funny as it was frustrating.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shadowbear