Voice Command ?

n8dhw977

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Hi all,

New to the forums just got my D Inc last week and so far loving it. However I can't seem to get the Voice Command feature to work that is demo'd in the Froyo walkthrough video here on the site. So I was wondering if anyone could help me figure it out. I downloaded a free app from the market called Voice Command but doesn't seem like the same thing.

Thanks

mcaspe1

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
I will look into Vlingo. But I thought I would see if the Voice Command in Froyo actually worked liked it did in the video.

You have to go into the settings of google search and select the items you want google search/voice search to search for. Select google search app>menu>searchable items> check off what you want google to search

You now will be able to voice search anything you want if you use "voice search".

My voice search commands work fine. Don't know why they don't for you. Hopefully checking those things off will work.

iBowToAndroid

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
You have to go into the settings of google search and select the items you want google search/voice search to search for. Select google search app>menu>searchable items> check off what you want google to search

You now will be able to voice search anything you want if you use "voice search".

My voice search commands work fine. Don't know why they don't for you. Hopefully checking those things off will work.

Voice search works fine for me too. I know that for calling/texting, the contact that you're trying to reach must be listed as a Google contact, and ONLY as a Google contact, ie. can't have it transferred from your old phone, Backup Assistant, etc. To resolve that, turn off your Google contact sync, go into each contact and un-link it if you have a Google copy and a phone copy. Make sure you delete the phone copy, so you have only Google contacts. Then export to your SD card. Erase all your phone contacts from your online Google account, then import the contact file and re-sync to your phone.

n8dhw977

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
I went ahead and downloaded Vlingo as suggested by some previous posts and it seems to be working great with voice commands so I guess I will be using it.

Thanks everyone for your help. I hope to be able to contribute more as time goes on and I learn the in's and out's of this phone.

kenjd

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Does vlingo work with Bluetooth? I mean I checked it out and in car mode I couldn't speak a command into the headset. It seemed to work like using Bluetooth before the froyo update?

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Does vlingo work with Bluetooth? I mean I checked it out and in car mode I couldn't speak a command into the headset. It seemed to work like using Bluetooth before the froyo update?

I use it with my BT SpeakerPhone with no problem. Had one slight problem where it started lagging a bit but I reset the speaker phone, re-paired and it worked well after that.

bigk

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I assume what your looking for is "voice actions" from Google. Search for that in the market place.

Now when you just want to search or what ever hold down the magnifying glass on the phone and a voice search will pop up.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pemujica14