Voice Recognition Terrible on Mesmerize and 2.3

alphabandaid

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I have been using hands free voice dialing for years, especially in the car on my blackberry, but Im very disappointed by its performance in my new Mesmerize. And without a hardware key to initiate the voice recognition it has rendered my phone useless in the car. I have a high quality blueant bluetooth headset, so that shouldnt be an issue. I actually think its worse after voice training.
What kind of experiences have others had with Android phones and voice dialing
Thanks

/

Xopher

Trusted Member
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I've had mixed results with my Mesmerize and voice recognition. Vlingo works well, and the In Car option makes it fairly easy to initiate by voice (or by pressing the blue button on the screen). The downside is that I haven't been able to get it to use my bluetooth headset, like I was able to do with my BlackBerry. As long as the phone's mic is facing me (and no too far away), it picks up my voice and responds well. This is something I definitely miss about my BlackBerry, and was hoping that this would be a feature upgraded in some Android version, or by changing bluetooth devices.

Pannuous Voice Actions also seems to work okay, as long as the mic is in the right direction (also doesn't use bluetooth). It puts a mic button across the screen so you just have to click the screen to start voice commands.

The basic voice commands (Nuance) do work with my Jawbone, but I have to enunciate properly.

FlexT9 Keyboard comes with Dragon Dictation. It doesn't do voice commands, but it probably has the best dictation recognition around.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allirose