Voice Recorder Labels

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
This is actually one of the features I was most looking forward to with the feature drop, but....

Is anyone else getting the new functionality to work in the Recorder app, where it automatically identifies and labels different speakers? I've installed both the phone update with the feature drop as well as the update to the Recorder app, but it isn't doing or showing anything differently for me (and I didn't see anything in the options to enable the label feature). Tested with a recording of three people with very different and distinctive voices.

messages_0.jpg

(Also, I think this is the lowest range of downloads I've ever seen for a Google app)
messages_0.jpg

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
The labeling appears to be a server side upgrade. It will magically appear on your phone and you have to agree to it. Good luck.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using AC Forums mobile app

That tracks, specifically in that the option doesn't appear unless you opt to turn on backup to save your recordings to your Google account, at which point it prompts you to agree to allow it - and then you have to go into settings to turn it on and it works. After doing that, I turned off the setting to backup my recordings, and it retains the ability to label speakers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674