Voodoo Color for Photon

lancelot916

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I just came from the Epic 4g. Do they have a hack or app that can calibrate or adjust the screen colors? They had voodoo control/color for Epic which was very helpful. I wish I could get the depth and richness of colors that was on Samsung's amazing screen.

lancelot916

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I gotta a question for you....Why did you go from a Epic 4G to a Photon? Just curious.....

the real reason is GB broke my Bluetooth. I flashed back to froyo and still had BT issues. I was going to get the nexus but 480p recording is a deal breaker for me. the epic 4g touch is selling at $400 on Craigslist or eBay and the photon was about $275 so its a good replacement and upgrade.

ronald600

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I just came from the Epic 4g. Do they have a hack or app that can calibrate or adjust the screen colors? They had voodoo control/color for Epic which was very helpful. I wish I could get the depth and richness of colors that was on Samsung's amazing screen.

I know there is a way to do it , but i dont remember how I did it. I actually got into the screen by accident. I will have to look again

lancelot916

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Funny because I've heard others say the same thing about the Photon. ;)

it's true. the epic 4g does have its issues. it's a great phone regardless with lots of dev support. but I really need BT to work since I use my headset frequently on the car.

I would have gone for epic touch but I can't spare $125 more for it (that's what I'm seeing on Craigslist) . so far I like the photon. I wish the camera and galllery was better, but not a deal breaker.

Herk_FE

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Funny because I've heard others say the same thing about the Photon. ;)

Odd especially since the photon really only has 2 confirmed issues that I have seen widespread and still gets better reception and more reliable GPS then any of the galaxy phones.

The only known issues are the sleep of death and random reboot problem and motorola and sprint are not only being proactive and replacing phones but acknowledging the issues. Getting samsung to admit there is a problem with a phone is like getting a apple exec to tell you something bad about the Iphone...

ZiggSVO

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Devices supported:

Ice Cream Sandwich
- Nexus S: 4.0.3 added!

Honeycomb:
- Asus EeePadTransformer: 3.0.1, 3.1, 3.2

Gingerbread:
- LG Optimus 2x
- Nexus S & Nexus S 4G: Android 2.3.3, 2.3.4 Official Google system and CyanogenMod 7.0.0
- Galaxy S I9000, I9000B, Captivate, Vibrant: CyanogenMod 7.0.0 - current version
- Galaxy S I9000: Samsung 2.3.*
- Korean Galaxy S / Galaxy U / Galaxy K
- AT&T Captivate: SGH-I897
- SHW-M130L Galaxy S: SHW-M130L
- Galaxy Tab International: GT-P1000 and regional variants
- Galaxy Tab Verizon: SCH-I800
- Galaxy Tab AT&T: SGH-I987
- Galaxy Tab Sprint: SPH-P100
- Galaxy Tab T-Mobile: SGH-T849
- Galaxy Tab SKT: SHW-M180S
- Galaxy Tab Wifi (Korea only): SHW-M180W
- LG Optimus 2x: P990

Froyo:
- Galaxy S Froyo: GT-I9000 and its regional variants like I9000B, I9000M, I900T
- AT&T Captivate: SGH-I897
- AT&T Infuse 4G: SGH-I997
- Giorgio Armani Galaxy S: GT-I9010
- Rogers Captivate: SGH-I896
- T-Mobile Vibrant: SGH-T959
- T-Mobile GalaxyS 4G: SGH-T959V
- T-Mobile Exhibit 4G: SGH-T759
- T-Mobile Sidekick 4G: SGH-T839
- Verizon Fascinate: SCH-I500
- Verizon Continuum: SCH-I400
- Verizon DROID Charge: SCH-I510
- Telus Fascinate: SGH-T959D
- Verizon Fascinate: SCH-I500
- Sprint Epic 4G: SPH-D700
- MetroPCS Galaxy Indulge: SCH-R910
- M110S Galaxy S: SHW-M110S
- SHW-M130L Galaxy U: SHW-M130L
- SHW-M130K Galaxy K: SHW-M130K
- DoCoMo SC-02B Galaxy S: SC-02B
- Galaxy Tab International: GT-P1000 and regional variants
- Galaxy Tab Verizon: SCH-I800
- Galaxy Tab AT&T: SGH-I987
- Galaxy Tab Sprint: SPH-P100
- Galaxy Tab T-Mobile: SGH-T849
- Galaxy Tab SKT: SHW-M180S
- Galaxy Tab Wifi (Korea only): SHW-M180W
- LG Optimus 2x: P990

Eclair:
- Galaxy S international, AT&T Captivate, Rogers Captivate, Verizon Continuum, DoCoMo SC-02B, T-Mobile Vibrant, Telus Fascinate, M110S, SHW-M130L, Sprint Epic 4G, Verizon Fascinate

Galaxy SLC LCD, Galaxy S Plus: GT-I9003 / GT-I9001 is not supported because its hardware platform is entirely different.
Galaxy Tab Wifi: GT-P1010 is not supported either for the same reasons.
Galaxy Tab 10.1 is not yet supported but will be.

Please contact me if the module option behavior is unexpected on any of the device listed here, and also if your device is missing.
As I publish updates very often, enabling auto-updates is recommended.
If the program don't work for you, contact me for support or a refund via the email address below.

Features are auto-detected, extended controls supported will be displayed (it may differ from the screenshots)

Goal of this project is to:
- improve sound quality
- fix audio issues present in Samsung kernels
- unleash the powerful hi-fi headphone amplifier included in your phone and audiophile-quality DAC.

Every new feature uses the abilities of Wolfson Microelectronics WM8994 ultra low power audio codec, without affecting battery life.

Note: When Bass Boost EQ is disabled, signal takes the most direct path and is not processed in any way.

You will find the reference kernel for GT-I9000 Galaxy S here:
Anything related to Sound: features or fix requests. v10: Bass Boost - xda-developers
And also a lot of other custom kernels for many WM8994 devices

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hunterm2