VZ Kickstand case review

rescueswimmer

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to pass along a quick initial review of VZ' beltclip/case for the Droid Charge. I have only had it for a few hours so I will update this thread with any + or - that arise.

Initial impressions.

Its a flexible harder plastic, Feels kind of rubbery but not like a latex cover, it is a little slicker for my liking but not to bad. The phone slips in very nicely and seems to be held in securely but I'm guessing a direct hit at the right area it could pop it out of the shell.

There are cut outs for anything that needs to be accessible. It is pretty thin and does not add much with to the phone.

The top and bottom of the phone are fully exposed when holding in your hand. When in the belt clip only the bottom portion is not covered.

Now the coolest feature this has to offer is that it has a kick stand that locks open and closed. It works perfectly as advertised. ****ON uneven or a non smooth surface I cold tell a little bump and it would fall over but sitting on a table or something like that. I had no issues with it. The belt clip has a felt lined inner to protect your screen from damage.

It is a little pricey from VZ at 29.99, I would say it is not worth it, but with my discount at 15.00 its about right.

So if your looking for a kickstand or a case to protect your phone I can recomend this one so far. If your hard on your device and are drop prone this may not be the case for you.

Feel free to ask any questions.

UPDATE 8 JULY 11

I have had the case for a few months and can say it has held up really well. I have used the kick stand a few times. I take it in and out of the case once a day for the dock at night. Don't see any damage to the phone or case. I still would recommend this case. 2 thumbs up.

IMG_1699.jpg

IMG_1701.jpg

Exposed end
IMG_1704.jpg

IMG_1708.jpg

IMG_1705.jpg

Last edited:

ncbryan

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Do you know if this case will work with the desktop charging cradle? My guess is that is will not work unless taken out of the case.

rescueswimmer

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Just tried it and does not. Its because of the angle of the Micro usb. With some dremmeling of the desktop charger you could get it to fit, but not really optimal but the phone does pop out pretty easy, but doing it everyday not sure what issues you could develop.

brandonx1000

rule the air.
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
i got this case today...definitely love the feel of it...ive had this case for every android (Droid, Inc, X, Fascinate)

i wouldnt buy anything else

cordoni

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Big warning!!!!!!!!

The clips on these cases will eventually break off, potentially sending your precious phone plummeting to an early concrete or asphalt grave. Fortunately I caught mine when this case for my fascinate broke. A buddy of mine had the same issue. They just do not last very long.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: rescueswimmer

bKzor

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Big warning!!!!!!!!

The clips on these cases will eventually break off, potentially sending your precious phone plummeting to an early concrete or asphalt grave. Fortunately I caught mine when this case for my fascinate broke. A buddy of mine had the same issue. They just do not last very long.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

I can deff see how this thing could break, but then again there's not to many things I don't see myself breaking over time.

I just got this thing this morning and I love it... no need for the thunderbolt now.

Big fan of this product, I suggest anyone wanting a kick stand case to go this route.

Rocco V

redskinsnut

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Just picked up mine today. I really like it. You just have to be careful with the kick-stand each time you employ it and I am sure it will last a while. I probably won't use the front/clip-on half of the case very often. Too much trouble.

LDB415

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
I got this in the combo with car charger and screen protector. It is designed for stick thin people. For the average person the clip extends too high and will dig into your side. Score 1.5 on a 5 scale, for the protection and kickstand. Score 0.1 for the clip.

tintn00

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I got this in the combo with car charger and screen protector. It is designed for stick thin people. For the average person the clip extends too high and will dig into your side. Score 1.5 on a 5 scale, for the protection and kickstand. Score 0.1 for the clip.

Have you tried turning it so the phone is horizontal with your belt? It doesn't dig into my side as much when I do this.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

manigma77

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to say, on the "exposed end" picture on the op of this thread shows the phone in the case upside down, anyway, I personally love this case, Stylish looking and not hardly any bulk or weight added to phone, plus it is easy to take phone in and out, "for battery pulls, lol" and you don't feel like your gonna break your phone removing the case.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilliejoylene