VZW Update

rlindydiane

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I am going to stave off that update as long as possible. The last one screwed up my phone so badly I had to wipe it and restore it twice.

Posted via the Android Central App

pwscott

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I went ahead with this one. Restarted just fine, but within hours my Note 4 was restarting up to 5 times an hour. I tried wiping the partition, but ended up having to fully factory reset and reconfigure everything [again]. God forbid you call Verizon for help as they standardly will say "you have a LOT of apps....it's definitely one of them causing this- get rid of all of them and load them back one by one..."
Sigh. Back in business again here. Same apps...working fine after hours of work to reconfigure email clients, social media, ringtones, notifications, wallpaper, smart locks, etc etc etc.

goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I've not allowed it to install yet. What is the version # after the update?

Are the items below all that is included (from Verizon's pdf about the update)?

"The following enhancements have been made
· Fingerprint for EAS Authentication-adds fingerprint as a device security lock option while an Exchange Active Sync(EAS)
account is active on the device.
· Add Milk Music as preload on home screen.
· Galaxy Apps Auto Install-triggers Galaxy Apps to install
when user signs into Samsung Account for the first time."

pwscott

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I don;t see anything else. I do like the last one as it is hard to find the Galaxy App Store and get necessities like Samsung Gear Manager if you have a Gear S etc.

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Update went smooth for me. I use my Note 4 as my alarm clock, so I was happy to see the "100% charged" banner disappear. No more bright banner that must be swiped away in the middle of the night.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I've not allowed it to install yet. What is the version # after the update? Baseband Version is N910VVRU2BOF1

Are the items below all that is included (from Verizon's pdf about the update)?

"The following enhancements have been made
· Fingerprint for EAS Authentication-adds fingerprint as a device security lock option while an Exchange Active Sync(EAS)
account is active on the device.
· Add Milk Music as preload on home screen.
· Galaxy Apps Auto Install-triggers Galaxy Apps to install
when user signs into Samsung Account for the first time."

Baseband Version is N910VVRU2BOF1

It also did what Connert said in Post #6 and that IS nice!

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Update went smooth for me. I use my Note 4 as my alarm clock, so I was happy to see the "100% charged" banner disappear. No more bright banner that must be swiped away in the middle of the night.

Mine still has to be swiped away. I mean, it will go away on it's own, eventually, but.

chevyman29

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if it did anything to improve the signal or battery life. before lollypoop both those where beyond great . now its just decent nothing to brag about.

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Thanks.

For reference, before upgrade, my Baseband version is
N910VVRU1BOAF
This phone can still be reverted to KitKat.
Also, if you want to avoid OTA, you can disable Knox and OTA... read this thread...

[GUIDE] Disable Knox and the OTA without roo… | Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4 | XDA Forums

Note that in the first sentence of that thread, there is a link to Debloater for doing the same thing on Lollipop.

There is also a "safe" upgrade to OF1 via ODIN that will allow you to revert to OAF or KitKat. If you take OF1 and updates via OTA, you won't be able to revert back to anything! Link...

[Firmware] [LP] [5.0.1] [RetEd/DevEd] Safe U… | Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4 | XDA Forums

If you find any of these threads hard to follow, just ask questions in the threads.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aarone