VZWAVSService has stopped, I got it fixed.

Paul Giller

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
Galaxy S 5. Here is the way me and Verizon tech did it.
We went to settings, applications, applications manager and went to Google+, cleared cache, clear data, then uninstall. (I had to do this twice. The first time I only cleared the cache) After you clear the cache and data uninstall Google+ and reboot phone. That got mine fixed.
I hope it works for you.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central, and thanks for the info! It's strange that a VZW service would require clearing out G+--did the Verizon tech give you any information on what VZWAVS service is for?

WesHump

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Galaxy S 5. Here is the way me and Verizon tech did it.
We went to settings, applications, applications manager and went to Google+, cleared cache, clear data, then uninstall. (I had to do this twice. The first time I only cleared the cache) After you clear the cache and data uninstall Google+ and reboot phone. That got mine fixed.
I hope it works for you.

This worked wonderfully !!! Only had to reboot once. Thanks.

revwill

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I wish one app or the other would update and fix this stupid problem. It's a known issue on an extremely popular phone.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
clearing Google + cache/data didn't work for me a couple weeks ago when I ran into this problem. Turning off the vzwavsservice DID stop it tho. I've noticed no ill side effects from turning it off.

Bankokbob54

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Yes. The Verizon guy I talked to had me do the same thing. This all occurred after the Kitkat update which evidently is not playing well with Google+. It happened on both my GS3 and GS4 phones. The Vzwave services msg is now gone at start up. The Verizon tech said that this a temporary work around and will probably be fixed with the next update. Course, now I get a security policy update msg on start up. Can't win.

justjohn99

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I do not have the option to Uninstall (updates) .I have google+ version 4.3.062241793 ...when I go to Google + i do NOT have the option to Uninstall updates as you suggested. What do I do now? I am using a Galaxy S 5 running 4.4.2 android OS

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon