w-home not responding

Misthos_NJ

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
Anybody else experience the S locking up and after a while it gives a w-home not responding, wait or cancel message? Happened to me last week and I ended up resetting my watch since nothing seemed to help. Just happened again out of the blue. Restarting hasn't seemed to help, just locks up again within a minute of restarting, usually as soon as you try to do anything with the watch.

Very annoying to have to reset the watch once a week.

Posted via the Android Central App

Primetimeplaya

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
Anybody else experience the S locking up and after a while it gives a w-home not responding, wait or cancel message? Happened to me last week and I ended up resetting my watch since nothing seemed to help. Just happened again out of the blue. Restarting hasn't seemed to help, just locks up again within a minute of restarting, usually as soon as you try to do anything with the watch.

Very annoying to have to reset the watch once a week.

This very same thing just happened to me. I can't get the point to be able to reset the thing. How did you get that far?

Update:

Just got the point of being able to reset it. If this happens again, it's definitely going back. I expect this to start happening more and more.

Adam Matthias1

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
Had the same issue. I did a factory reset and uninstalled the gear app from my phone and worked. Didn't do a restore and made sure third party apps such as news republic and euro news didn't install. Seems to be better.

fkpalm

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
This happened to me today could not do anything to get it started kept doing soft resets and the same thing
Happened. I realized that when i double pressed the button that it was launching. I changed that to settings then i was able to do a factory reset. Now it seems to be working if not i will call samsung support.

mozartwon

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I have had this problem on two Gears. The first one started doing this several weeks after I received it. Rebooted and/or restored. The error message would always return after a short while. I sent it in to Samsung for repair but they could not reproduce the problem and said it passed all hardware tests. My other one started doing the same thing yesterday after several weeks. I don't know what to do now, maybe it's an AT&T problem. It couldn't be an application because I've reset without restoring. Any thoughts?

Charles

rambo1963

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
This happend to me twice. What I did was, uninstall gear manager and did a factory reset on the watch with no back up restore. Start fresh with no apps restored. I can only guess that the app, Appy Geek may have caused the problem. So far my watch has been working like it should. Take note though,in my opinion, some apps may be causing this problem. Which ones? I do not know. Take note of the apps you install and see if this problem happens and if it does, delete those apps.

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
News Republic caused my gear to crash. I had to format it and make sure the app didn't reinstall.

Primetimeplaya

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
This happend to me twice. What I did was, uninstall gear manager and did a factory reset on the watch with no back up restore. Start fresh with no apps restored. I can only guess that the app, Appy Geek may have caused the problem. So far my watch has been working like it should. Take note though,in my opinion, some apps may be causing this problem. Which ones? I do not know. Take note of the apps you install and see if this problem happens and if it does, delete those apps.

Wait, did you mention Appy Geek? That is the app that brought up an alert when mine crashed. I turned it off and hadn't had the problem since so that's an app everyone should look out for.

louway02

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
I had that same issue. Once I removed Appy Geek and did a factory rest, I haven't had the issue since.

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
I believe Opera caused my watch to crash. I uninstalled it and my Gear has been fine for 2 days now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRG582