Wait for Moto X2 or get the S5

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
If the camera of the x2 is mediocre like the x I'll stick with the s5. Touchwiz really doesn't bother me and I use the camera a lot, so a sub par camera is a no go, no matter how "smooth" a device is

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Do you understand in smartphones? Just because it will be 4gb and 64bit doesn't mean that it's gonna be a monster... Seriously only post in the forum if you know what you're talking about, because you obviously don't..

Eh who peed in your cheerios this morning. No need to be a complete *** to the guy. 1. It will still be a monster with those specs, and 2. It would be a monster on the benchmarks which so many people seem to love (why? Who knows) and 3. Take your **** poor attitude somewhere else, you're getting as bad as the apple lovers bashing everyone for any little thing. Shouldn't you be welcoming new people to the forum? Smh

b_slow1

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
If the Moto X 2 comes out this year, and Motorola puts its efforts in the right areas, it could be a great phone, even if it won't have the specs of the GS5.

I don't need a UHD display, or a metal body, or 4gb of RAM.

What I would like Moto to focus on is improving the Touchless Controls to make them more complete and useful. I'd like to see them drastically improve the camera's performance. And if they're so inclined, I wouldn't mind having a slightly more powerful SoC for the purposes of future-proofing. It doesn't have to be top-of-the-line, but it should be something better. They can even keep the screen at 720p to keep costs down.

I believe some of those changes will be made with the next Moto X model. So between the two phones, I'd have to go with the Moto X2 over the GS5.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
As long as the Motorola buyout doesn't hurt them and they include a louder ear piece I don't see an issue. I've become so accustomed to Samsung volume levels that Motorola seems extremely lacking in that area. The X8 processor in the Droid Maxx was great and I had no performance issues.

Touchwiz on the other hand doesn't bother me but its so obvious that I experience lag when waking the phone up sometimes. I removed the SD Card to help but even that only does so much. Still love the phone though.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Verizon)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
accessibilitys86