Waiting to see if I can get a replacement

aparker2005

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys. I've had a Galaxy Nexus since January. I love the pure Google experience, the HD screen, and ICS. Since I've had the phone though, it's gotten progressively worse. Signal goes and comes, call quality is getting worse, the battery, even with the extended battery, is completely unacceptable. I have the screen on as low as it will go, apps don't sync automatically, and still my battery drains quicker than any phone I've ever had.

I called Verizon this morning and told the lady about my problems. She offered me a replacement Nexus, but I asked if I could have the Maxx instead because of battery life and bad experience and not wanting another Nexus. She put in the request and said she completely understood why I wanted a Maxx and she would do all she could to get me one out by Monday. Do they often approve making this switch?

I don't really want to deal with Blur and will miss ICS for a while, but updates coming will fix that. I won't deal with rooting the phone as I like to keep them stock. Can't wait to see if I can get one and finally get a phone that operates as a phone!

aparker2005

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Just got word that since it is a first replacement it will have to be with another nexus. Selling this nexus or trading for a maxx!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Live2ride883

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Odd but during my first call the agent I was working with offered to send me a Maxx as a replacement.

Actually receiving the Maxx however is another story, there is a thread about it in the Nexus forum. You can read it if you want I just don't feel like retyping all of it.