Want to install ROM on unlocked AT&T One XL

JohnXuandou

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
So I recently bought a factory unlocked HTC One XL and I've been wanting to install a custom rom. Problem is, the firmware is so old I'm afraid of jumping up too high and bricking my brand new phone. So here's the deal, the android version is 4.0.3, HTC Sense version is 4.0, software build I guess is 1.68, hboot is 1.08.0000. Phone has been rooted and basically all AT&T and HTC software was removed before I thought about installing a ROM, don't know if they're useful or not. I'm an *****, what do?

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
So I recently bought a factory unlocked HTC One XL and I've been wanting to install a custom rom. Problem is, the firmware is so old I'm afraid of jumping up too high and bricking my brand new phone. So here's the deal, the android version is 4.0.3, HTC Sense version is 4.0, software build I guess is 1.68, hboot is 1.08.0000. Phone has been rooted and basically all AT&T and HTC software was removed before I thought about installing a ROM, don't know if they're useful or not. I'm an *****, what do?

Hello there. If the phone was rooted, then it must have a recovery. Do you know if it has a recovery?

Wizzrah, Android Central Ambassador | Sent from my AT&T One XL running Karbon Kat. \(^~^)/

JohnXuandou

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
Hello there. If the phone was rooted, then it must have a recovery. Do you know if it has a recovery?

Wizzrah, Android Central Ambassador | Sent from my AT&T One XL running Karbon Kat. \(^~^)/

I know for a fact it's rooted because I have Super User working and everything but I found a program that rooted it for me so it did most of the leg work. If you need to know what kind of recovery it has specifically I'd gladly tell you if I knew how to find out.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I know for a fact it's rooted because I have Super User working and everything but I found a program that rooted it for me so it did most of the leg work. If you need to know what kind of recovery it has specifically I'd gladly tell you if I knew how to find out.
Well, you can boot into recovery from the bootloader menu. Anyways, you might want to upgrade to newer firmware. Is your device S-ON?

JohnXuandou

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
Well, you can boot into recovery from the bootloader menu. Anyways, you might want to upgrade to newer firmware. Is your device S-ON?

I tried using your UXToolkit to get S-OFF but I honestly don't think it worked. The program kept giving me errors when it was running.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Novigator