Wasn't happy with G3 and M8, what's the next best coice(s)

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
So, I've tried the G3 and M8, and while they were nice phones, they had issues that I found to be kinda deal breakers. The G3 had the performance issues and the M8s camera didn't really cut it for me. So now I'm left trying to yet again find the right phone for me. Should I give the new Moto x or one plus one a try? Maybe wait for the new nexus phone? Even try the S5? It's weird because the m8 and G3 are supposed to be two of the best android phones.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
If you have the time and gumption I'd try the Moto X and the Nexus 6. I'd guess the Nexus would give you the fluidity you might be looking for... When it comes out

Posted via Android Central App

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
So, I've tried the G3 and M8, and while they were nice phones, they had issues that I found to be kinda deal breakers. The G3 had the performance issues and the M8s camera didn't really cut it for me. So now I'm left trying to yet again find the right phone for me. Should I give the new Moto x or one plus one a try? Maybe wait for the new nexus phone? Even try the S5? It's weird because the m8 and G3 are supposed to be two of the best android phones.

Note 4

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
If you have the time and gumption I'd try the Moto X and the Nexus 6. I'd guess the Nexus would give you the fluidity you might be looking for... When it comes out

Yeah, the Moto x looked pretty cool. Cheaper than a iphone 6 also. So is the one plus.

I heard the new Moto x doesn't get great battery life, and battery is something I look for in a phone. Also, I'm unsure how good the camera will be.

I know their doing preorders for the one plus in October, but I'm unsure how I feel about buying a phone from a new company. We don't know how good they'll be on software updates.

Zacharyw70

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
While I love my 2013 Moto X I think the new one looks like a big disappointment in comparison to the competition. I've heard the battery life is sub-par and the camera isn't that great. Not to mention it was a bad move to not offer removable storage in 2014 when everyone (Except Apple!) has added in to their phones.

I know nobody seems to like talking about Samsung but have you given them a try? For all they're worth their phones are usually pretty solid and despite the hate they get I didn't have issues with my S2 and Note 3.

Daniel P1

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
I would give the Note 4 a chance. Samsung hardware is usually very good and the Note 4 is usually their best phone of the year.

anon(13322)

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Have you taken a look at the new Moto X?

OP stated that battery life is important to him. So, Moto X is out of the question.

Chances are the new Nexus is as well. Battery life has never been good on them unless you tweak the hell out of it. The only thing left on Android is the Note 4 and OnePlus One. Personally in this case, I'd go with the OPO since it's cheaper off contract.

anon(13322)

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, the Moto x looked pretty cool. Cheaper than a iphone 6 also. So is the one plus.

I heard the new Moto x doesn't get great battery life, and battery is something I look for in a phone. Also, I'm unsure how good the camera will be.

I know their doing preorders for the one plus in October, but I'm unsure how I feel about buying a phone from a new company. We don't know how good they'll be on software updates.

Don't worry about the politics of OPO. Cyanogen is in charge of the updates on the OPO. If updates are important, the Nexus/Moto/OPO are getting them first.

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
It's Cyanogen, they have nightly updates if you install the regular CM11. But customer support on the other hand might not be that good.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site

Don't forget that the OnePlus One is also gigantic. I don't know what customer support would be like with OnePlus, either. If you're buying through a carrier, it's at least easy to bring your phone to a store to be swapped out for a new one should you have problems.

Honestly, it seems to me that you're going to find something wrong with every single phone out there. As I've said before, you need to learn what kinds of compromises you're willing to make.

slyguy0

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
If you can still find one I'd highly recommend the LG G2. No lag, and a great camera. The other bonus is that if you find one, it will be at a reduced price.

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Have you thought of the new xperia z3 when it comes out in a little bit? Battery life and camera should be great and if you're waiting anyway.....

steelrain82

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
You should give the iPhone a try. I just checked out the 6+ and it was pretty nice. Longer than the note 3, but thinner. I'm waiting for the note 4 to try out. I'm not a fan boy by any means and don't mind switching to either platform. but the iPhone was pretty fluid and it's camera was pretty nice as well. I buy phones on contract so that makes things easier. And having two lines helps, for me at least.

Yatezy

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Have you thought of the new xperia z3 when it comes out in a little bit? Battery life and camera should be great and if you're waiting anyway.....

The Z3 and Z3 Compact both get 9.5 and 10 hours SOT in phonearena battery tests.

Can't post links :/

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Thinking about it, it seems like the G3 was the phone whose flaws I could have dealt with the most. I'm still not thrilled with its benchmark scores, though :( I do play a good number of games.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza