Wasted screen space

nnthemperor

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Got the 6p two days ago, and was really disappointed with the screen size. It says 5.7", but the actual screen is no way close to that. Compared to my Note5 (Samsung)Huawei really lacks any sense of aesthetics. Any way to make the screen extend to full screen?

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure I understand your issue. All of the space allocated for the LCD itself is used for display area. If you're talking about space at the top and bottom of the phone, there's no LCD there. You can't just "extend to full screen" in that space as there's simply no LCD there.

Could it be a little shorter in height by shrinking that space? Maybe, if the components can be rearranged to allow it to happen. That might also mean a smaller battery though.

nnthemperor

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
No, the home screen users the full LCD screen space, but launch an app and the back and home button take up screen space. No a deal breaker, but coming from the GN5 (had to drop it because of compatibility with Docomo Japan) where the back and home buttons are not intrusive, it's a bit disappointing.

Would be great if the back button and home button panel black space could be made transparent as they are on the home screen.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
And it's common for games, which don't require the Back/Home/Recent buttons, to enable immersive mode.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sirius_A