Watch 6 Classic Battery Suddenly Draining Fast

bigslam123

May 3, 2010
Visit site
My watch6 Classic battery just started draining badly, as of 1Aug. The watch doesn't even last 8 hours. I'm on the beta, but it's been fine up until yesterday and no new updates to explain the issue. Anyone else experiencing this?

rvbfan

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
My watch6 Classic battery just started draining badly, as of 1Aug. The watch doesn't even last 8 hours. I'm on the beta, but it's been fine up until yesterday and no new updates to explain the issue. Anyone else experiencing this?
Beta. You answered your own question right there. It is the nature of the beast afterall. As for why now? Server side update, conflict with an app update, etc...

sprakash15

Aug 12, 2024
Visit site
Just bought the watch6 LTE 40mm, and its 3 days i see that the battery is draining in 10-12 hours. I have not yet configured\enabled LTE. Googled and got few tips but still not much improvement.
Any pointers?

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Just bought the watch6 LTE 40mm, and its 3 days i see that the battery is draining in 10-12 hours. I have not yet configured\enabled LTE. Googled and got few tips but still not much improvement.
Any pointers?
Hi! Welcome to Android Central Forums!

Did you check your battery usage to see if any apps were causing problems?

How many days have you been using your watch? It takes about a week for the watch to learn your usage patterns & settle down.

What tips have you already tried?

Reactions: mustang7757

sprakash15

Aug 12, 2024
Visit site
Hi! Welcome to Android Central Forums!

Did you check your battery usage to see if any apps were causing problems?

How many days have you been using your watch? It takes about a week for the watch to learn your usage patterns & settle down.

What tips have you already tried?
Thanks,
I need to explore how to check the battery usage. Will do it soon.
I used it for 6 days now, and I see some improvement in battery time, now its surviving for 14-16 hours after I did below steps...
1. reduced the screen timeout.
2. Disabled the health monitor.
3. turned off the always on display
4. disabled location tracking

Note, I have yet to enabled LTE, dont have clarity how to do it with airtel connection.
I feel that with disabling above features, I am restricted the use of the watch itself.

Reactions: BerryBubbles

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for the additional information.

The upcoming Wear OS 5 release is supposed to include new battery optimizations to improve overall battery life. 🤞

I have disabled features that I like for the sake of extending battery life. I turned off 'Raise wrist to wake' & vibrations for notifications & calls. I also turned off the gestures. They didn't work consistently very well for me.

Other steps I took was to:
○ uninstall apps I didn't use
○ turn down screen brightness
○ use dark background watch faces.
○ look for watchface developers who optimize their faces. ('Amoledwatchfaces' make battery friendly faces.)
○ turn off app notifications that I don't really need to appear on my watch.
○ I also did #1 & #3 on your list.

You can check your app usage through the Wearable App. Go to Watch Settings / Battery and device care . Then tap 'Battery' & you can see what apps are using your battery. I read the Whatsapp uses a lot of battery, however, I don't have any personal experience with it. Hopefully, things improve before you enable LTE.

Screenshot_20240813_005923_Galaxy Watch6 Manager.jpg

sprakash15

Aug 12, 2024
Visit site
Thanks a lot for your quick and detail response! I really appreciate it.
I will be looking forward to wear OS 5 release.
I am still exploring the watch whenever I get some time. I will be surely trying the tips that you have shared. It seems to be very useful.
I would like to enable the health monitor back, but before that I would try to optimize the use of battery.
I got how to check the battery usage, thanks.

Let me update this thread later...till then take care.

Reactions: BerryBubbles

notforhire

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
would be more beneficial if you posted this in the beta forums with Samsung. you're more likely to get meaningful replies from other beta users.

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Thanks a lot for your quick and detail response! I really appreciate it.
I will be looking forward to wear OS 5 release.
I am still exploring the watch whenever I get some time. I will be surely trying the tips that you have shared. It seems to be very useful.
I would like to enable the health monitor back, but before that I would try to optimize the use of battery.
I got how to check the battery usage, thanks.

Let me update this thread later...till then take care.
You are very welcome! 😀

I'm cautiously optimistic that Wear OS 5 will increase the battery life on the Watch 6 line. Generally speaking, it seems like the new Watch 7 owners with Wear OS 5 are reporting better battery life.

I really do hope you seem some improvement soon! Best Wishes!