Web shortcut to home

Dush Ku

Aug 24, 2019
Visit site
When I try to save a website link from a browser on this new galaxy I see Open app instead of save to Home.
Old s10 let me do that, new s24 isn't.
Any way around this to make a web shortcut on home screen?

Dush Ku

Aug 24, 2019
Visit site
Regular chrome that was preinstalled and default home, haven't put on any other launcher.

It's weird, m.youtube let me save to home, m.instagram only says open app..

jtfwTX

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Regular chrome that was preinstalled and default home, haven't put on any other launcher.

It worked for me. When I tried it on my Samsung internet browser on my phone, I used the desktop site and logged in first. Then I did "add page to home screen"

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

On Chrome, go to that website, than tap the 3-dot menu button at the upper right, then Install App. This will "install" the PWA (progressive web app) rather than the Android app. You'll find it in your App Drawer, and you can then drag and drop it to your homescreen. I do that with Facebook, since I don't want that terrible app on any of my devices.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
On Chrome, go to that website, than tap the 3-dot menu button at the upper right, then Install App. This will "install" the PWA (progressive web app) rather than the Android app. You'll find it in your App Drawer, and you can then drag and drop it to your homescreen. I do that with Facebook, since I don't want that terrible app on any of my devices.
I had forgotten about that I did it awhile ago for the AC site , good suggestion.

Reactions: jtfwTX and B. Diddy

jtfwTX

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Is the PWA chrome version the same as adding to home in Samsung internet or edge etc? Or is it somehow different?

Reactions: mustang7757

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Is the PWA chrome version the same as adding to home in Samsung internet or edge etc? Or is it somehow different?
It's essentially the same web interface, but it comes up as its own app (i.e., not as a browser tab). I'm not sure how Samsung Internet does it.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xak47d