webOS fans, have you seen this...

japark

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I was a WebOs fan. After HP purchased Palm and spent months assuring Palm Pre users an upgrade, then shut down WebOs, I stopped being a fan.
Why would anyone purchase an OS from a company with a demonstrated history of deceit? Or why would anyone purchase a product with that OS, not knowing when the owner of the OS might decide to shut it down again?

Derek_B

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
I was a WebOs fan. After HP purchased Palm and spent months assuring Palm Pre users an upgrade, then shut down WebOs, I stopped being a fan.
Why would anyone purchase an OS from a company with a demonstrated history of deceit? Or why would anyone purchase a product with that OS, not knowing when the owner of the OS might decide to shut it down again?

I'm in the same boat as you. As a former Palm fan (IIIxe<<Tungsten E<<TX<<Pre-,) I used to love webOS, but let's face it, it's basically dead. Just booting it up on a GNex doesn't do anything for webOS. It's still three years or more behind every other OS in mobile now. I left webOS physically and emotionally after HP put a bullet in its head last August. The only way it would thrive is if someone on the level of Samsung or Apple wanted to buy it and use it exclusively and that just ain't gonna happen. Anything else is just delaying the inevitable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bawan maviya