Weekly Photo Contest: Back to school

Status
Not open for further replies.

phildev74

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Now a chance to clean up his fishing lure making table while he is otherwise occupied with school. I snapped this with the shooter on my Galaxy Note 8.0 4G. 20130830_085747.jpg

Randomhero180

May 23, 2011
elementdesignllc.com
Took this picture with my old HTC Thunderbolt. No editing done to the picture, simply a shot or rain drops through the portion of my Jeep windshield with tint on it while picking my brother up for school last year.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/106680811944568305750/posts/NjtYLKMh5dn This is a link to the picture on my G+ page. If you click on the picture when you get there and then click 'Photo Details' on the right, you can see the camera is ADR6400L (which is the Thunderbolt model number) and camera make is HTC.

2012-05-07 13.55.56.jpg

Last edited:

asaini007

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
week2.jpg

Second week's picture
Taken with my Sprint Galaxy Note II, on Nantucket island. The sun sets on the last days of my summer before I go off to college for the first time!

No editing.

(I submitted a similar photo last week... it's interesting how different the lighting is in this one, I think)

RandallMeek

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Thank God for Back to School. I can finally reclaim my tv and 360.
1377891135411.jpg

*Taken with Galaxy Note 2 on Sprint.
*Collage done with Diptic
*Words added with Pixlr
* Used Istagram for filter (Valencia)

Sent from my Note 2 using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited:

kayakerrh

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
This is my wife and daughter at a calzone restaurant called DP Dough. It is just off of NC States campus and as we drove by It my wife got very excited. She said "I wonder if that is the same DP Dough I use to eat at when I was in college. BTW my wife went to U Mass at Amherst. So we went in to check it out. While we were waiting for our food she did a quick Google search and discovered that it was the same DP Dough and that the restaurant was founded her freshman year (late 80's). That was the same year she discovered DP Dough as a small back alley restaurant. The restaurant now has location through out the country mostly in college towns. As you can see my wife was very happy to be able to introduce our daughter to DP Dough for her freshman year as well. I took this with my Galaxy S3 (no edits). Although it wasn't the best picture I took when we were moving our daoughter in to her dorm and shipping her off to college, I felt I should post this one for what it meant to my wife.20130823_200209_1.jpg

chestont

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
2013-08-30.jpg
Our kids are too young for their "first day" picture so my wife posted my last "first day" of law school picture on her Facebook instead. That's not a lunch sack, those are all books to go with a cheesy grin. Picture taken with an LG Optimus G.

Last edited:

PRTaz

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Supplies for first day of school...a few techie supplies as I'm a CIS major. Taken with Droid Razr Maxx. No special software used.

Attachments

• IMG_20130830_222815_340.jpg
    IMG_20130830_222815_340.jpg
    477.3 KB · Views: 12

mr_chen

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
An apartment complex was demolished recently near my neighborhood, CJ Heritage Apartment Homes. You can see the apartments before demolition on Google Maps. It was a great occasion to take a picture after the cleanup. I used Samsung Galaxy S4 on a tripod, shot about 200 pictures, enhanced with Adobe Lightroom and stitched with PTGui Pro. The reason I didn't used the photosphere app, is because it doesn't stitch everything perfectly. Also shooting all single pictures allows me to manipulate the picture before stitching them.

Device:
Samsung Galaxy S4 (Friend's phone. I have a Motorola Bravo flashed to CM 7.2)

Software and accessories:
PTGui Pro 9.1.6
Photo Sphere website

Picture (Photosphere):
construction.jpg

Last edited:

ILoveMyTowel

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Uh oh, it looks like Andy here has picked up my terrible study habits... Judging by his exam papers on the table, he needs to do less snacking and more studying! Back to school for me (and Andy, clearly) involves probably spending more time picking out "study snacks" than actually studying.

This photo was taken on an HTC One X and was then imported into Pixlr Express for some colour-balance touchups. On a side-note, the miniature donuts were handmade out of clay by my girlfriend.

PS: Can someone please tell Andy that donuts cause bloating and are bad for your health? At least he's recovered from his cupcake addiction, I guess?

Attachments

• StillUsingDonut.jpg
    StillUsingDonut.jpg
    331.7 KB · Views: 46

GrantEarls

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Came home from school on my first day of senior year, I sat down I looked up and realized how nice it was outside so I took this picture.

Taken on Samsung Galaxy S4, edited with Snapseedcontest.jpg

Last edited:

Pipusz

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Week #1 entry

For me, back to school means back to these two buildings: the glassy one is the new library, the reflection you can spot is the main building of the Faculty of Arts. The picture was taken with a Nexus 4, stock camera application of Android 4.2.2 (yeah, haven't updated yet). Post-editing included Snapseed and the stock editing part of the gallery.

library-main.jpg

Last edited:

cactuspwr

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Nexus 7 (2013) and edited with Snapseed.

My wife's grandfather bought this desk in 1937. One of my wife's uncle and my mother-in-law used this desk for their schoolworks. My wife is using this desk since starting school a long time ago. Presently, she's working on a second Master degree.

Fun fact: Back in the old day, this desk was called writing desk. Today, it's possible to find a similar desk like the one pictured but it's sold as laptop desk.

P.s. The cabinet and the terrarium are not part of the desk

P.s. Yes, I refinished the desk a few years ago.

Attachments

• IMG_20130902_140400_1.jpg
    IMG_20130902_140400_1.jpg
    400.2 KB · Views: 36

hatchex

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
HTC One cam with no edits of my Sony headphones.
Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1378240407993.jpg
    1378240407993.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 28
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member