Weekly Photo Contest: Metals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firegold21

VR Expert
Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Here's my entry. Last May, me and my family were walking to a local store and saw this gloriously rusted fire hydrant. Though it was still shooting out water, I had to get a picture of it before reporting it to the fire department. They've since replaced it, but I have saved it for posterity. Or something.

Taken with my old Galaxy S3 and edited in Snapseed, but essentially just enhanced the colors for impact.

14 - 1.jpg

Andy E1

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site
Here's a picture of a row of soda cans at my local grocery store. I saw a bunch of cans stacked up on top of one another and thought it would make a good picture. its taken on an htc one m8 and edited with snapseed.
Metalcans.jpg

mathematiker

May 21, 2012
Visit site
PANO_20150326_161602.jpg

Here's a rocket engine. It's only mostly metal but it fits the description. It sits lazily in one of the aerospace buildings at Georgia Tech.

I took a regular photo earlier but I thought a 9-photo wide-angle panorama would be more fun. So I used the stock camera app on my N5 and did a panorama.

jay cartie

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Decided to do away with the conventional downspouts on our building in favor of these decorative stainless steel rain chains, taken with Samsung Galaxy Note 4.Screenshot_2015-03-27-21-44-48.jpg

jmk1127

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
4c449134f5a52eb00a64d3f9d52d9a4d.jpg

Chain of a swing by the Montauk lighthouse. Taken with my gs5 unedited

Amin Armani

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
2012-01-11-13.20.39.jpg

This is a picture i took when i walked passed a recycling center. A lot of metal traces scattered on the ground and this is a pile of small pieces. I am amazed by the shapes because most of them looked like springs or pasta. Lol I even lied to my friends I told them it is pasta and they were a little shocked. Picture took with ASUS Zenfone 5 and edited with stock photo editor with slight darker shadows and increase in saturation.

anon(5384869)

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
dbd27b9fd1aa37ca9d175f71e0f246fd.jpg

The US Navy Medal of Honor, as displayed at the National Museum of the United States Air Force. This little piece of metal represents the very best of not just an American, but a human being. It represents what we are truly capable of when called upon in desperate times. It is a reminder that we are truly, at our core, a species of selflessness and unity. Those who bear this little piece of metal, and it's equivalents are the best of us.

Taken with my DROID Turbo, and edited with G+ Photo Editor

Sent via my DROID Turbo via Mr. Universe's Signal... Shiny!

kendallc123

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
This picture was taken with the stock camera app on my Nexus 5 and edited a little bit with VSCO Cam. This is a memorial for Commander William "Willie" Cameron McCool (with a bouquet of flowers added by someone) who reached space as a shuttle astronaut. Unfortunately, as Willie piloted the Space Shuttle Columbia home from a successful 2003 mission, it disintegrated during reentry over the Texas panhandle. McCool and his six crewmates died. The little boy is meant to represent adventurous and curious children everywhere, but it also represents Willie's youthful interest in science. Future adult Willie points north toward the flight path of the Columbia Shuttle.

2015-03-28 05.40.40 1.jpg

ILLmatic173

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
-No Holding- ;)

Took this pic on Super Bowl sunday on my way to a friends house to watch the game...trains were pretty empty especially on the C train(in new york city) that afternoon..i thought i was cool so i took a few shots with my phone..this is the 1st one i took...i did a bit of editing with vsco and took it with my Nexus 5...enjoy -will

2015-03-29 03.58.04 3.jpg

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
A lot of stunning entries in this thread!
This photo was taken while I was bored at work. I took some of those clothing pins that hold together a men's shirt when you first buy one, stuck them onto an eraser vertically, and took a photo using the little planet-esque feature on my Xperia Z1s. The result came out much more interesting than I could ever have anticipated:

Push Pins.JPG

Avi14

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
This has been taken with my moto x 1st gen.

The location of this photo is Penn Station subway, in Manhattan.

Posted via the Android Central App

Avi14

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
This has been taken with my moto x 1st gen.

The location of this photo is Penn Station subway, in Manhattan.

(sorry can't upload photo)

Posted via the Android Central App

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital