Weight note 9

Zestel

Sep 29, 2018
Visit site
Guys, what do you think about the weight of the Note 9. Before I had a S9+ which is slightly smaller but feels much lighter in the hand and in my pocket.
Although I like my new Note 9 better then any other phone, I think it is on the heavy side.
Because of that I notice that many times I don't keep the phone in my pocket but in my bag. Where do you guys keep the phone when you are on the go?

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Yes I do think it is a bit on the heavy side but then again I agree with you it's probably the best phone I've ever had. Typically I am carrying it in my hand but I do have a few coats hoodies and pants that have a pocket large enough to safely accommodate it. With the defender case on it it's definitely noticeably heavier then it would be with say a standard lighter case.

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Guys, what do you think about the weight of the Note 9[?] Before[,] I had a S9+ which is slightly smaller but feels much lighter in the hand and in my pocket.
The Note9 weighs 201g. The S9+ weighs 189g. So the Note9 is 12g heavier, an extra 6%. That's about the weight of 4 sticks of gum.

Where do you guys keep the phone when you are on the go?
Front pants pocket.

Last edited:

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Coming from a Note 8, it’s definitely heavier and I probably don’t want it much heavier than this but then again, the price you pay for having a 4000mah battery. I haven’t changed where I put the phone. Front pocket, and even front shirt pocket sometimes.

anon(20964)

May 7, 2010
Visit site
The Note 9 is lighter than the iPhone Xs max. Also I found the documented weight of the Note is spot on, while the documented weight of the iPhone xs max is lower than the actual phone.

I put the phone where most convenient for that moment be it back pocket, front pocket... doesn't really matter.

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
A wallet style case, or rugged. Backback has a place designed for one. Shoulder bag. But no to pocket, unless fall winter coat.

If you generally mount it in your vehicle then there's that consideration.

My iPhone X looks and feels tiny in comparison and is pocket carry friendly.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Not enough difference to even notice, honestly.
If someone didn't bring it up here, I wouldn't think twice about it.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Have the Insignia black soft case on it right now. Very slim, feels great in the hand and it's not as heavy as with the Otterbox

tanson1011

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
So I don't see how I'm gonna fit the note 9 in my front Jean pocket. I don't wear skinny jeans by any means but fitted jeans. I have one on the way. I hope it will fit. Currently using a pixel 2, which is a perfect size ...but I had a note 5 and miss the features.

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
It feels top heavy, but if I turn it upside down and hold it the same way, it feels the same.
It's just a heavy, long phone, but I'm digging it.

It does fit in the skinny, tool pocket of my carpenter work pants, but does feel heavy, swinging around down there. So I don't do it. Left, front pocket it is.

race4life

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I actually just bought a pixel 2xl coming from a note 9. I came from a pixel 2xl to the note 9 and just can't get used to the size and weight. My wife has the pixel 2xl and every time I pick it up, it just feels perfect for me. Just my 2 cents

Richard Stewart79

Sep 3, 2018
Visit site
Heavier phones feel more premium to me. I like how heavy it feels, I always carry my phones in my back pocket but years ago when phones were smaller, I carried them in my front pocket, also screen always facing inward

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Heavier phones feel more premium to me. I like how heavy it feels, I always carry my phones in my back pocket but years ago when phones were smaller, I carried them in my front pocket, also screen always facing inward
Carry mine in the back pocket as well usually, or in a larger coat pocket

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
I still use N9 but picked up an S9+ _ smaller, lighter - and enough to make a difference and when not needing stylus. Plus to join Pie beta, and as backup while still retaining the Galaxy ecosystem.

I use to think the Essential was ideal in a smaller phone but its dated.

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I actually just bought a pixel 2xl coming from a note 9. I came from a pixel 2xl to the note 9 and just can't get used to the size and weight. My wife has the pixel 2xl and every time I pick it up, it just feels perfect for me. Just my 2 cents

I too went from a P2XL to the Note 9.
I was not impressed with the P2XL of the OG Pixel XL, for that matter. I thought the P2XL was what I really wanted. Nope.
I am thoroughly impressed with the Note 9. It is heavier and taller, but I'll deal with that for a phone I like more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeviTaylor