Weird Android Auto situation

HyperM3

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
All of a sudden recently, any type of music I play from my Pixel 3XL(Pandora, Spotify, Google) through Android Auto, the sound goes up and down. Its the same as when a message or something comes through on your phone and the volume dips a little. This is doing it all the time though when no messages are coming in on the phone. Oddly, the regular radio works fine, so it has to be something going on with the phone. Just trying to see if anyone else has experienced this.

sfringer

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I've not encountered that type of issue.
Could it be an issue with your connection from your phone to the head unit (Bluetooth, adapter, cable, etc)?

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
This is slightly different, but may be the same root issue...

If I connect my 3 XL via cable to my AA headunit (2017 VW Passat) and, while listening to music from the headunit (SiriusXM, for example), at seemingly random times the music volume will dip and, if I try to raise it back up, the volume controls are locked to the "Voice Oper." volume rather than the music volume.

The only way to fix it at that point is to disconnect the phone from the headunit -or- tap the voice command button on my steering wheel and ask for something stupid like "What is today's weather?"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Treyrday86