Weird behavior

missy8787

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
Today I've been noticing that my s24 plus has been asking me to put my pin in only and won't do face unlock or finger print doesn't give the option but when I check settings nothing has been changed anyone else have this happen? It doesn't happen all the time just sometimes

missy8787

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
If you have auto restart on and device rebooted it will only ask for a pin or password however you set it up then next time biometrics will work

I’ll check that now but I don’t remember ever having that set up today was the first time it’s done that to me

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Cannot remember the rotation schedule but....every 5 or 6 or maybe a few more times you unlock your phone you will be asked to put in your pin so that you don't forget it. Maybe you are unlocking your phone more often than you realize????

Reactions: notforhire

notforhire

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
Cannot remember the rotation schedule but....every 5 or 6 or maybe a few more times you unlock your phone you will be asked to put in your pin so that you don't forget it. Maybe you are unlocking your phone more often than you realize????
was unaware this was a thing. explains how every so often, I'm prompted to enter my PIN even though I didn't restart my phone.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yeah that can happen under these conditions
e3559815bd5b38ef40bdf0a0f676e354.jpg

Reactions: BerryBubbles

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I use "Extend Unlock" at home (Formerly known as Smart Lock). I still have to enter a pin every so often. It seems random but I don't keep track of when I last entered a pin. I normally use fingerprint to unlock my phone but that's not an option.

missy8787

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site

I do use my phone for everything and use finger print or face unlock usually this could be y it asked for just
My pin

missy8787

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
I don't think it's an anomaly. Mine sometimes won't allow biometric unlock, even when I didn't restart. I don't keep track how often though. I had similar behavior on my S22 Ultra too.

Ok good to know that u had similar behavior on the s22 too it’s funny cus now after I posted about it it hasn’t done it lol

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
No I use my phone for literally everything but I saw someone commented saying it could be doing that too cus I’m constantly unlocking it which would make sense
I wouldn't worry too much about it probably learned how you use your phone and will ask based off that , it's actually good it does that so u don't forget your pin, we get so use to biometric unlock we can forget it sometimes lol

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Just to add to my earlier post, I get prompted for my pin on my android tablets more than my phone(s).

I don't use the tablets every day. Maybe 3-4 days a week but nearly as much as my phone.

Reactions: missy8787

missy8787

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
I wouldn't worry too much about it probably learned how you use your phone and will ask based off that , it's actually good it does that so u don't forget your pin, we get so use to biometric unlock we can forget it sometimes lol
True lol cus when it updates I do need to put my pin in

Reactions: mustang7757